PDA

View Full Version : WIP Just starting with PS...comments, PLZ

Tincap
12-04-2005, 09:42 PM
Posting another sketch...just starting with PS.
Comments would be appreciated!
http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b58/Tincap1959/TerrexColourHalfcopy.jpg

BG

bupaje
12-08-2005, 10:04 PM
Just starting with PS? Wow, hard to believe -this looks really great.

MechaHateChimp
12-08-2005, 10:32 PM
I have to agree. For a beginner using PS, this is quite good. Good job - J

JesseBlunt
12-08-2005, 11:16 PM
Great style and attention to detail. The tires look like they could be brought up to the level of detail found in the rest of the vehicle, perhaps by darkening the trench areas between the treads. Also, you might think about revising the color scheme or the highlights a bit. Changing the color scheme to a more desaturated landscape will make the vehicle pop more. Also, be careful adding pure white for highlights (especially the tires). Sorry for the nitpicking, but when you present such a fantastic sketch you get into a new level of critique. :buttrock: Keep up the progress.

Igor Trajkovski
12-09-2005, 02:35 AM
Nice one as a PS Start!
:)

Good luck with PS!

Best
Igor

zaki79
12-09-2005, 05:09 PM
it reminds me an old game -"moon patrol" :) -maybe You know it :)

Jack Youngblood
12-09-2005, 07:40 PM
Yes very good. Excellent drawing. maybe.... de-saturate the ground a bit and de-saturate and lighten the sky.

Or try this: At the moment the vehicle is in a straight dark vs light relationship with the background. Try playing around with the relative tones of the vehicle vs the background until you are in a position where one part of the vehicle (say the front) is darker that the background and the other (back) is lighter.

This swopping of relative tones is a favorite old master trick. Gives the object more three dimentionality.

either you like it or you don't. :)

Tincap
12-16-2005, 12:43 AM
Thanks, for the comments so far...! I'm in the midst of a move (Ya! Over the Christmas holidays...pheeeew!) from the east coast of Canada, to a more central location, north of Toronto. I start a new contract (I design and draw animation backgrounds) in the new year.

I appreciate the feed-back, as I haven't played around with colour too much at all. Using traditional methods (mainly markers), I would be afraid of 'ruining' the piece by going too far...so usually I never went far enough, so things like colour usage, contrast, etc. would be poor. I've found PS to be much more forgiving and will post more as I settle down, for your critiques.:thumbsup:

BG

CGTalk Moderation
12-16-2005, 12:43 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.