PDA

View Full Version : Where to download Painer 6?

jemf
12-04-2005, 09:35 PM
Hi all..
Lately I've been trying to get to download Painter 6, since it should be very fast to use, and Ryan Church also use it.. But where can I download a demo of it, unless it has become freeware as time went by:D?
Hope you can help me:)

heythatreallyhurts
12-04-2005, 11:22 PM
You can probably find a copy on eBay, but I don't think it's available as a demo anywhere.

You can, however, download a free trial of Painter IX from Corel's web site. I haven't actually used Painter 6, but I can't imagine it's much faster than IX. Even on my crappy 1.5 GHz machine with 512 MB RAM, Painter IX runs with minimal slowdown and hasn't crashed on me once.

edit: Hurry up, you've got 5 hours! http://cgi.ebay.com/NEW-Painter-6-artists-software-unused-unregistered_W0QQitemZ5835776078QQcategoryZ3801QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Lunatique
12-05-2005, 12:41 AM
Ryan's using Painter 9 now.

jemf
12-05-2005, 06:23 AM
OKay, I just thought he used Painter 6, as his brushsets are made for Painter 5/6.. But I will try with Painter IX. Thank you for you rhelp:)

artshop
12-27-2005, 10:54 PM
Just wondering how many others out there still keep a copy of Painter 6 for some uses. For some reason 6 handles better with sketching freehand than 9. I know 9 has all the bells and whistles and neat brush effects and I use those too, but it sure seems like they changed something after 6 with the way brushes respond.

zerae
12-28-2005, 12:12 AM
Just wondering how many others out there still keep a copy of Painter 6 for some uses. For some reason 6 handles better with sketching freehand than 9. I know 9 has all the bells and whistles and neat brush effects and I use those too, but it sure seems like they changed something after 6 with the way brushes respond.

Yeah I still use P6 seems more solid and reliable it is also much faster than IX at least the brushes I use respond better in 6. You may be right with the brush engine I think the changes were for the better though except the digital watercolor which I don't like but maybe it's all down to personal preferences.

rogfa
12-29-2005, 01:52 AM
I agree with zerae, Painter 6 out performs Painter IX for speed. Try using the airbrush with brush ghosting in 9, it will crawl when it's a large brush size, Painter 6 handles it with ease. I wish Corel would reissue Painter 6 as Painter Essentials or whatever because it's a beautiful program.

CGTalk Moderation
12-29-2005, 01:52 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.