PDA

View Full Version : Mr Lead Boots output in compose tab

Kid-Mesh
12-04-2005, 12:54 PM
Been trying to get an extended walkcycle to play properly in the compose tab.

Here is the flow:

1. Selected the Master of the character
2. Compose tab settings:
Source = Current Group
Channel = All Channels
Type = Animation
Bounds = Range
Motion = Local Keys
Repeat Icon = Accum

(Clip Instance Block)
Repeat = 15.0
Out = 360

:banghead: The problem:

If there is only one clip instance from the initial cut the animation plays at normal speed. For ever clip instance (streching it across the time line) it plays good awful slow...as if its rendering on the fly or something.

I tried to crank up the Repeat value in the clip instance block but that didnt change a thing. The only thing that made it look normal was when I cranked the fps up to 240fps :surprised (insane yes) but it looked like 24fps.

What am I doing incorrectly? (Thanks)

f.y.i - I have the latest version of Messiah:Studio Workstation and 2 gigs of ram.

Kid-Mesh
12-04-2005, 01:41 PM
Hmmm after reviewing it over and over again it seems that no matter how many frames are in the scene. The character only completes one full cycle of that particular clip instance. So each time I repeat the clip instance its almost as if its just adding in additional keys which makes the animation slower and slower.

Still cant figure out whats what yet...:curious:

EDIT:

Added a clip so u can what I mean.... Had a bit of fun with it just to accentuate the issue :cool:

Download (http://www.madmotion.net/anim_dump/week%2001/vids/LeadBoots.wmv)

Kid-Mesh
12-04-2005, 04:36 PM
Ok...I figured out what I was doing wrong. I was dragging the clip instance with the LMB so no matter what I put in the Repeat field it was just gonna animate slow anyway. Once I RTFM :deal:. I discoverd that I need to pull my instance using the RMB. Once I did that it worked...well sorta.

Now the clips plays the desired animations for the amount of iterations I want but over time as the character is cycling through he begins to "shrink". Now I really have no idea atm wtf is doing that:shrug:. But I'll post a clip of it in a minute.

EDIT:

Download 1.35mb (http://www.madmotion.net/anim_dump/week%2001/vids/120405wtf.wmv)

PauHana
12-04-2005, 06:10 PM
I'm sorry that I can't help. But the "shrinking" clip is hilarious!!!

Kid-Mesh
12-04-2005, 06:51 PM
At this point bro....it's funny as hell to me too

All in all I'll look back on it once I figure out why and proably laugh again.:cool:

stooch
12-05-2005, 02:32 AM
if you have additive looping, make sure that the pelvis controller is ending up at exactly the same values at the end of the clip as the beginning. otherwise it will keep on adding the lower position and appear as if its falling through the ground through each loop iteration.

maks
12-05-2005, 11:28 AM
As Stooch said. And for the feet offset, make sure that the body's z motion is the precisely the addition of the two feet's motion.
Also, note that you can alter the motion of an item and its channels through the "Factors" tab. This way you can e.g. correct the body's end position.

srt
12-05-2005, 10:16 PM
i ran into the same problem on my first walk cycle.

i hope this helps (http://forums.cgsociety.org/showthread.php?t=251561)

Kid-Mesh
12-06-2005, 02:42 AM
Thanks for the responses I appreciate it more than you know :)

CGTalk Moderation
12-06-2005, 02:42 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.