PDA

View Full Version : How to get photoshop to blend colors like painter

crossbones
12-04-2005, 09:48 AM
Can photoshop blend colors at all like painter? I would really like to know how to accomplish this with the brushes without using a smear brush.

jokko
12-05-2005, 04:44 AM
Hey crossbones,
I am definitely not an expert at photoshop or painter, but from what I've read on these forums, I am afraid photoshop cannot achieve the same blending as in painter (you can get to the same result, but unfortunately photoshop cannot handle brushes and colors as aturally and 'easily' as painter does), but you should definitely visit this thread on smooth blending http://forums.cgsociety.org/showthread.php?t=253711 it is really good (there's an awsome tutorial by Enalya).
Good luck! Sorry if I havn't been more helpful.
Jerome

Jack Youngblood
12-09-2005, 05:35 PM
As a matter of trivial interest: did you know that the brushes in PS were designed by the same guy who designed Painter's brushes?

Most of the functionality from one can be faked in the other. Just the settings in PS are a bit buried.

Smear tool sucks. Too weak. Shaped brushes, reeeeeeally low flow rates and a bit of blurring usually work with me.

CGTalk Moderation
12-09-2005, 05:35 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.