PDA

View Full Version : New Free Artizen HDR Update

Tlock
12-03-2005, 08:19 PM
A New Free update of Artizen HDR has been released. This new update completely changes the way users work with panels. All the floating panels such as Layers and Colors, have been replaced with a single main panel with the ability to minimize and maximize the windows of interest. This new approach allows for greater use of window space as well as allows for simplier management of the interface.

For all users with the Full Version, this update will be freely available using Livewire.

At Present there are 5 Windows; Tutor - Displays tutorials available within Artizen.
Histogram - Displays detailed information relating to the histogram. 5 different charts can be displayed; RAW nit Luminance, Display WATT Luminance, Red Channel, Green Channel, and Blue Channel.
Information - Displays detailed information regarding the presently selected open file, such as Height, Width, EXIF Metadata, and basic Pixel information.
Colors - Colors has not changed other than location.
Layers - Layers is also the same as before just has been relocated.

http://www.supportingcomputers.net/Applications/Artizen/Tour/images/ScreenShot.jpg

www.supportingcomputers.net (http://www.supportingcomputers.net)

JDex
12-03-2005, 09:27 PM
Interesting, I had not heard of this before... is there a website? and is there a demo version?

Tlock
12-03-2005, 10:05 PM
Sorry for not posting the Hyperlink

www.supportingcomputers.net

JamesMK
12-03-2005, 10:30 PM
Has there been any optimizations made to the internals? Or are there any plans for that kind of things?

I played around a bit with the previous free version, and while it was certainly very capable in terms of colour corrections and so forth, the paint tools are quite slow on large images (2000 px and above).

Tlock
12-03-2005, 10:46 PM
Performance has always been a primary focus, and every possible boost is implemented as a priority update. Although mentioning this in very single update loses value. Even in this update, a performance boost of less 10% to the brushes and layer merging routines has been implemented.

At present additional performance boosting is being tested in 3 major areas, FileIO, Painting, and all Core Algorithms.

This is promise to all Artizen HDR users, Artizen is here to stay, and with every passing day it is made faster and more powerful with many additions and enhancements yet to come. Any inputs, such as areas needing of change are always assessed with greatest amount of consideration.

JamesMK
12-03-2005, 10:53 PM
Even in this update, a performance boost of less 10% to the brushes and layer merging routines has been implemented.
Cool enough - one step at a time :thumbsup:

At any rate, I think it's a nice app that really works with HDR (which is more than can be said for some others that only claim to do so...) so it's all good, and even better that there's a free edition too.

Further down the line it would be cool to see some improvements on the design of the buttons and icons, although it's obviously not a priority as long as the core is being worked upon... just a thought, to get that 100% pro look'n'feel.

Anyway - spiffy stuff!

JDex
12-03-2005, 11:08 PM
I'm digging my first dabble with the free version... definitely some potential here.

I'm sure I'll have a few suggestions for your consideration eventually... first and foremost would be assignable hotkeys... You've got the Windows/MS hotkeys in place Ctrl+V, Ctrl+C, etc for the more general controls in place... many would probably like to work with your app in-lieu of Photoshop/Painter for different tasks, but like to emulate those keymapping setups for speed and efficiency in working... Something to consider.

Additionally, I'm not sure if the free edition recieved those optimizations in the Painting system... but I did notice a significant delay when painting... on a 2048x2048 canvas, there was a 1-3 second (variable) delay from starting my stroke to seeing it on screen, and also periodic delays throughout the stroke, where the paint would snap in a straight line to my current cursor location.

I'll continue to play with it some more... seems a good and useful app on the way up. Price is nice too :thumbsup:.

CGTalk Moderation
12-03-2005, 11:08 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.