PDA

View Full Version : 3 Minutes of Kong Vs. T-Rex

Capel
12-03-2005, 05:51 PM
Found this over at Kong is King.net Apparently this is on the production diary DVD set. Enjoy.

http://img-nex.kongisking.net/kong/movies/kvtrex.mov

warning: MAJOR SPOILERS

RenisanceX
12-03-2005, 06:51 PM
wow

thats intense stuff

ntmonkey
12-03-2005, 07:56 PM
I don't even want to know how you begin planning for a sequence like that. Some really good stuff.

peace,

Lu

save often
12-03-2005, 08:16 PM
good god. this clip realy needs to be seen on the big screen before watching it from a little quicktime file.
but having watch this clip, WOW. thats some nice, NICE animation. if i wasn`t already skyed before this has opened, i definitely buzzing now.

Boone
12-03-2005, 09:27 PM
I would watch this trailer...but it'll ruin the real thing!

I'll just get the limited edition PS2 game tommorow insted... :twisted:

mind
12-04-2005, 11:30 AM
Ah yeah...did you guys like that?...mmmh...you have seen nothing yet. Tip of the iceberg!
You have no idea of what's coming up. It's going to be quite a ride..so buckle your safty belts boys and girls.

We have high hopes that you will enjoy this movie since there was some insane hard work put into kong...

...oh btw, speaking of having a good time...it was Weta Digital's King Kong wrap party last night...and we all had such a great but great awsome time. GO WETA!

Guess what...I can't wait to see this movie either!!!
aaaahhhhh!!!

cgtalkiest
12-04-2005, 12:56 PM
edit: irrelevant ;-)

save often
12-04-2005, 03:51 PM
"you have seen nothing yet. Tip of the iceberg" well, if this 3 minutes is just a taster and boy, that 3 minutes looks ssssoooooo beautyfully animated and executed, just can`t wait for 3 hours of this monster movie.:bounce:

Boone
12-04-2005, 04:12 PM
Re: Mind.

It better be good - otherwise you and the crew will experiance the "lost spider-pit" sequence FIRST HAND! :twisted:

joking.:D

I did hear that WETA actually worked on the videogame - was you one of the guilty parties? :cool:

Joss
12-04-2005, 09:08 PM
I'm with Boone! I don't want to see anymore until Dec. 14th! I want purity!

akaiwa
12-04-2005, 11:30 PM
I'm sure it will be even more awesome with music, but WOW. I saw a new TV teaser on TV last night, which showed Kong leaping onto the big wall, and it just looked so amazing I had an orgasm (just kidding).

Luckily for me, my download of that clip stopped halfway, or else I wouldn't have been able to restrain myself and save part of it for the theater. This looks so awesome, I just can't wait.

toolrush
12-05-2005, 02:38 AM
wow looks awesome!

agreenster
12-05-2005, 04:33 AM
Ah yeah...did you guys like that?...mmmh...you have seen nothing yet. Tip of the iceberg!
...oh btw, speaking of having a good time...it was Weta Digital's King Kong wrap party last night...and we all had such a great but great awsome time. GO WETA!
l

Ah!! You're such a TEASE!! Not only because you've seen what's coming, but because you work for WETA!! ;)

Man, that was some good stuff.

metroeast
12-05-2005, 08:21 AM
Where do I start. It is cool on so many levels. The camera move are dynamic. It really gives you the feeling being suspended and being out of control. The characters and the environments look great. Congrats guys. Awards will be given for this movie.

I am so glad they went with the earlier version of Kong. Kudos Mr. Jackson. You came a long way from "Bad Taste". An inspiration for young filmmakers.

save often
12-05-2005, 05:45 PM
what got me about this clip is that it pains me being a humbling animator knowing that not in a million years that i could produce`s anything like what these guy at weta, ilm, pixar ect.. are doing.

every time i get a little bit better at animating anything, i see how far ahead these animators are producing work like kong or sith, no matter how much i practice i`ll never get to there standed.

now i`m off and go cry myself to sleep.

JeroenDStout
12-05-2005, 05:47 PM
HOLY SHIT! Must-see value tripled!

This is cool in so many way I can barely think of counting them... :bounce::bounce::bounce:

JeroenDStout
12-05-2005, 05:59 PM
I did hear that WETA actually worked on the videogame - was you one of the guilty parties? :cool:
Peter Jackson, Weta and Michel "Rayman & Beyond Good and Evil" Ancel... that game would rock if it'd run on my computer :D

Boone
12-05-2005, 06:25 PM
Re: The Parrot.

I got the PS2 limited edition yesterday morning - though I've only just got enough time to play it now...

Its coke'n'maltesiers time! :bounce:

igorstshirts
12-05-2005, 07:44 PM
Bravo you guys, that seq was bad ass. I like the exploration of primitive dinos fighting a more "advanced" ape like that... Very cool.

An ape with a brain that size tough, might make Kong a professor.:)

CB_3D
12-05-2005, 08:24 PM
Wow, that looks amazing, indeed. A little bit overdone, with her even dangling on a t-rex tooth,LMAO!!:scream:

But amazing nontheless.

splintah
12-05-2005, 11:28 PM
wooohoooohoooo :wip:

harlan_hill
12-05-2005, 11:47 PM
Wow... that looks amazing.

To be honest though, I really don't have much desire to see this film. I think it looks fantastic and all, but it's not pulling me into the need to see it. I'm sure I'll check it out, for moral support reasons, but I'm not going to be standing in line for it or anything. :)

Artbot
12-06-2005, 12:33 AM
WOW WOW WOW! I soooo cannot wait to see this. I agree, the staging is a wee bit over the top (lands on the Rex head and hangs on his teeth???), but man, oh, man! A coworker commented that she seems pretty calm throughout all this, and it is a little odd. But that won't slow me down one bit from seeing this opening day (and I'm someone who could usually care less about seeing any movie on opening day).

simps
12-06-2005, 01:14 PM
I'm sure on the big screen it will look beautiful but I do think its a little far fetched with her hanging on the T-rex teeth then on it's nose. I mean really, she couldn't possibly survive being thrown and yanked around all over the place like a rag doll. If she would survive then she most likely would never beable to walk again but she gets right up no problem. In real life if you fall wrong off a horse theres a good chance you'll never walk again...BUT, we are talking about a movie with a giant ape that includes dinosaurs.

I think the special effects making Peter Jackson look so deflated were better :eek:

It looks great though.

CGTalk Moderation
12-06-2005, 01:14 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.