PDA

View Full Version : Low Poly Centaur

MattTheMan
12-03-2005, 06:24 PM
I am not really a seasoned Maya user, but I want to see what I can do with it and a game model. I intend the polys to stay withing 4000. Well, here it is, I am almost done modeling.
It will be normal mapped, (i hope :shrug: ) and also textured, whateva.

Well here it is, feel free to critiq it. Just keep in mind that Im no pro.

proudclod
12-03-2005, 06:34 PM
Can you post a clsoe up wire of the face?

MattTheMan
12-03-2005, 06:49 PM
Sure here it is. The wire is screwed up around the nose area, but the rest, I followed the edge loop principlez

antodonnell
12-04-2005, 03:05 AM
Heh Matt, first off I m not overly familiar with maya but one thing you could do is get more value for the polys you have, you have 7 rows on the abdomen and pelvic area almost as a flat surface, if you pull some of the outer ones in towards the body you ll have more of a form to the model.I d probably go for the outer two on both sides just to round it off, This may work on other parts of the model too. Some nice beginings though. Keep it up.

dimi16
12-04-2005, 05:59 AM
dont have the body end then that ledge and then have the upper human body start, centaurs have one fluid body, its not like a mad scientist cut a man in half and added it to a horses body.. put this along with what the previous poster said and u could have a well modeled model coming along

Regards
-Dimitri

MattTheMan
12-04-2005, 02:46 PM
OK thanks for the comments. That ledge isnt a seam, its where the poly hair will go. And yes i will round off the body. Thanks for the comments, will post update later.

nibbuls
12-04-2005, 04:13 PM
You realise that the hair will jolt straight out of the body, then... right? :eek:

MattTheMan
12-04-2005, 05:05 PM
Ok people, thanks for the comments. I UV mapped the entire body, what a f___ing pain! Anyway, i fixed the chest area. Yes, I do realize that the hair will jolt out of the body, I intend it to look like that. Anyway, thanx for the comments anyway. The head texture is a 512x512 and the body texture will be a 1024x1024 texture. Then the quiver+ arrows will all be on a 256x256 map and the crossbow (which I still have to model) will also have a 256x256 map.

Here is is, a screeengrab. You can see the head texture here.

By the way, the seams will dissapear, i just split up the model for easier UVing.

MattTheMan
12-04-2005, 08:45 PM
Ok so i textured most of the body.

TheRedemption
12-05-2005, 05:53 AM
i guess my comments are the head looks a little boxy, im assuming thats due to poly budget? also the skin color on the face seems a lot darker than that of the body. and this is a personal thing, but i was expecting the lower body to have a darker color hair. but again thats just me being anal.

MattTheMan
12-07-2005, 02:25 AM
Yeah, the boxyness is cuz of the poly count. I guess I do need to change the color of the face to look more like the color of the skin, it really sticks out too much. Anyway, thanks for the crits and comments, I will b updating soon.

CGTalk Moderation
12-07-2005, 02:25 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.