PDA

View Full Version : Pilot Girl, Kamui (2D)

Kamui
11-22-2002, 03:50 PM
http://www.cgnetworks.com/galleryimages/1510/pilot_girl_large_medium.jpg (http://www.cgnetworks.com/galleryimages/1510/pilot_girl_large.jpg)

an anime mecha/figher pilot girl. sorry no helmet :scream:
sketched + colored in painter 6. :)

Pancreas
11-22-2002, 04:01 PM
Very nice... nice leather effect. :thumbsup: The wite outline... mmm it suits in the image.

Ive got no more useful comments. I like it. :love:

DimSum
11-22-2002, 04:33 PM
Yep, me too ! Keep posting nice girls-drawings lol :D

KOBALT_KORE
11-22-2002, 07:44 PM
That is one wicked drawing.:beer: :thumbsup:

PsychedelicMind
11-23-2002, 01:47 AM
waaaaa~~~ :eek: coolness, Kamui! I'm really falling in love with your work! :love: Man! The way you colored her body really makes her look 3D-ish! Solid and not flat :D put more up ne!

bored alien
11-23-2002, 02:23 AM
Great work! :thumbsup: I really love her face in particular. There's just something about it...

Pinky_Powers
11-23-2002, 05:11 AM
Might I say that this is REALLY REALLY great work! I am in love with this style. Maybe the greatest Anami I've seen. Beautiful, very beautiful.

MaDSheeP
11-23-2002, 05:44 AM
perfect.. it looks just. awesome..

incredible work! :)

dedmann
11-23-2002, 06:16 AM
Niiiccee... Eyecandy for the eyes and imagination
keep posting i love your style too!

nothing obvious to crit!

:beer:
Dedmann

Ultimatebadass
11-23-2002, 06:36 AM
Nice girl... now show me that MECH ;)

typeA
11-23-2002, 06:52 AM
:drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool:

eunuchbot
11-23-2002, 07:47 AM
GREAT PIC, but two things bug me... the pose is kinda bland and doesn't really describe the type of person she is... and second the axis on the chest cavity is pointing straight down instead of down and out same with the pelvic (but in the opposite direction). love the look though!!!

cgg
11-23-2002, 08:09 AM
:bounce: :bounce: :bounce:
wow this is sooooooooo g8

thx1138
11-23-2002, 09:38 AM
Excellent work dude !! :bounce:

Her face is somehow manga style, but also something else. Perhaps a hint of French Fashion Model. I'm not sure, but what I do know is that it looks bucking friljant :)

grtz

olivier Defaye
11-23-2002, 09:50 AM
really really nice drawing

Kananga
11-23-2002, 09:53 AM
Your rendering style is very slick. I like the nice subtle refelection effects on the suit. Cool!:thumbsup:

Crash
11-23-2002, 11:15 AM
Hey Kamui remarkeble work would you like to make some concept art for us? We need 2d artists, it's a loose project just for fun. Would be cool if you could participate and make us some qll scenerys. Greetz

http://www.cgtalk.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=25544&perpage=15&pagenumber=1

http://learncg.f2o.org/forum

Kamui
11-23-2002, 01:08 PM
holy crap i made the front page of cgtalk! i can't believe it! :scream:

thanks to everyone for their extra kind words! :beer: really, you guys are too gracious, and i'm so happy that you like it :)

Ultimatebadass: i can try, but man i don't have much experience with mechs :hmm: i find them quite difficult at times, but it's definately something i'd like to practice more!

eunuchbot: yes, i apologise for the pose, and i know it's very bland. in actuality, i was chatting with someone while i was sketching this, and i had been having artist's block getting a good pose down for awhile, so i kept this one simple.. i thought i'd go back to basics and play it safe :p

however, i don't quite see what you mean about the angles of her chest cavity and her pelvis..

Crash: yow, that is some deep stuff you guys are treadin. i wish i could get some good designs in for you guys,.. not sure what qll sceneries are.. but i'm kinda in the middle of tryin to get a job right now, so i'm just doing anything that can boost my portfolio. just some 3d modeling, texturing, sketches, drawings,... i wanna get into a game company. i dunno, anything. me inspiration feels like it's getting weak tho, but if i have some time later i will check out your forums and see if any of my stuff could be useful!

again, thanks to everyone else, and i will try to do more drawings and post them here! :thumbsup:

HapZungLam
11-23-2002, 02:43 PM
How did you learn to draw anime? read books? is there any anime school?

Milk-..-Man
11-23-2002, 02:56 PM
:applause: nice!!! nice!!! nice!!! nice!!! :applause:

fr3drik
11-23-2002, 02:56 PM
Wow, that's a really nice plastic effect you got there on the suit. Looks like she's wrapped into some kind of plastic my mom used to wrap my school lunch into.

Looks really nice!! :thumbsup:

etsuko
11-23-2002, 03:16 PM
Really nice coloring you got there. Kamui, did you use one of them Wacoms to color your sketch? always wondered how these people colored their sketches with Painter or Photoshop. :bounce:

eunuchbot
11-23-2002, 03:39 PM
I know the drawing is crap, but I was in a rush without a tablet... but this is what I was trying to say: in simplest way posible, she needs to stick out her chest more. hope it helps

lildragon
11-23-2002, 05:21 PM
As ambient whisper said to me, this has to be wow of the most impressive line work displays he's seen, and I have to agree. You nailed alot of difficult areas, especially the stomach and crouch. I'm in awe of your skill.

You have recieved the CGtalk choice award. Please feel free to display this image anywhere you like! Congrats again, well done

http://www.cgtalk.com/plug_award/cgtalk_award.jpg

P.S. if you need a different background, please send me a PM with the RGB values.

salud

Dan Dixon
11-23-2002, 06:48 PM
very nice my friend. not much to say about in the means of critigues . you got a great style with the look .
cheers

niut
11-23-2002, 06:51 PM
really cool girl, I like it!!! very good work!

ToddD
11-23-2002, 07:01 PM
Nice job!

brasshorse
11-23-2002, 07:16 PM
Haha...nicely done, Gary. Very nice image. Congrats on all the great feedback too. How's your portfolio coming along, anyway? :p

Nick Unden
11-24-2002, 02:47 AM
Hey hey! Looks like you nailed it on this one! You made the front page!!

Even got a cg award!! Nice!

Nice work as usual. Like I said before, you shoud model something, don't forget 3D.

btw. I'm planning on modeling a female after my current character, I was wondering if you could help me with a model sheet. Let me know.

Kamui
11-24-2002, 03:16 AM
HapZungLam: i've learned to draw anime on my own i guess. i don't think there's any school around that teaches you to draw like that, though i don't know if there's much to learn. i have just learned and tried to develop my own style from inspiration of other great artists. i'm not really into the hyper-cutesy, huge eyes tiny nose style. i've gradually added more and more realistic touches to my style, and i'm still working on it! :D

etsuko: yes! gotta love them Wacoms! i only have a graphire cuz it's all i can afford. there is so much immense talent out there of people who can paint with their tablets! getting the hang of it just takes practice :) for this picture i drew and colored it with the tablet.

eunuchbot: ahhh, i see what you mean now :wavey: i didn't see much of a problem before, but i will look out for the next time! thank for the crit!

lildragon: wow, thank you so much. i am very honored to be considered for this on this forum. this is excellent! :bounce:

brasshorse: Aaron, hey! thanks, how's it goin? my portfolio seems to be adding up with more and more drawings, and not enough 3D work! i must get back into 3D!

Nick: hey buddy :wavey: i know! i can't believe i made the front :) and no, i can't forget 3D, i must get a job. and sure! if you need help on a model sheet, i'd be glad to help you out on proportions, style,.. whatever you need. just gimme a shout

everyone else: thanks so much for the support! :beer:

Tad
11-24-2002, 03:18 AM
dude,
do something about your bandwidth
I wana see!! :(

meloncully
11-24-2002, 05:44 AM
dude, i wanna see too.

i am sure cgtalk will be willing to host :p

Kryptochan
11-24-2002, 05:48 AM
Very cool work, reminds me of the artist who does macross. Cant wait to see more of your stuff!

derelict
11-24-2002, 06:20 AM
all i see is a small red X. and its nothing like the pc up front.

facial
11-24-2002, 07:01 AM
I can not see this pic, what't happened, Well, I am late....:scream:

beastlogic
11-24-2002, 07:48 AM
i wanna see 2 !!!!
what's wrong?

Kamui
11-24-2002, 08:24 AM
sorry folks for the problems :thumbsdow
i need to get a website :p
i have a smaller version here. :wavey:

edit: holy crap, my isp quit on me and i clicked the send button a few times and my post got duplicated. hehe, delete delete delte..

Shaykai
11-24-2002, 08:28 AM
Awesome drawing! do you have a website that shows more of your stuff?

meloncully
11-24-2002, 12:46 PM
holy wow.

that is some really amazin work.

website?

Folashade
12-30-2004, 04:50 PM
Gorgeous work! :eek:

CGTalk Moderation
01-13-2006, 04:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.