PDA

View Full Version : Lightwave - Messiah Scene files

Kid-Mesh
12-02-2005, 09:05 PM
Ok, I've been able to open lightwave and add the messiah plugin to an object then bring it into messiah and have the animation play back in lightwave. My question is this, what is the process if I start from Messiah first and lets say rig a character and animate it.

How would I get the character and its animations back into lightwave?

Does that require point oven or is there a native way to pull this off?

Thanks

phenobarbidoll
12-03-2005, 07:47 AM
Hi Kid Mesh,

My question is this, what is the process if I start from Messiah first and lets say rig a character and animate it.

That's probably the way everybody is using Messiah
-first, you rigg and animate your character. Than you save your scene (*.fxs), and you can close Messiah peacefully :D
-now, open LW, in the upper menu SCENE-->utilities: GENERICS-->Messiah:interface.

That should launch Messiah, so now load your scene, a window should "pop_up", asking you if you would like to connect objects to the current host (LW).
You just have to say yes and select the objects to be connected.
And that's it !

Still in this way, you can make change in messiah, they will appear in LW in "real-time".

NB:I'm using LW7.5, so maybe in the latest version, the process is different....

Kid-Mesh
12-03-2005, 10:24 AM
Thanks, that's exactly how it works, found out by accident yesterday when I went back to lightwave and there were two characters in my scene on the LW side. I appreciate the feed back though....it helps :)

Julez4001
12-03-2005, 02:03 PM
www.flarenova.com (http://www.flarenova.com)

tutorials section (workflow)

A few things that will help beyond your questions.

Chewey
12-03-2005, 03:46 PM
Flarenova link not operational in either Firefox or IE. Music plays but that's all. Tabs not working.

Kid-Mesh
12-03-2005, 09:06 PM
Thanks Julez :thumbsup:

dOMINUSMess
12-05-2005, 06:59 AM
Chewey posted : Flarenova link not operational in either Firefox or IE. Music plays but that's all. Tabs not working.
It seems to work fine now in IE.

CGTalk Moderation
12-05-2005, 06:59 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.