PDA

View Full Version : Error Loading Brushes

leykias
12-02-2005, 10:01 AM
hello i'm very new to painter and i'm trying to load a brush library into painter.....

when i click on the load brush library button, i can see my custom brush folder, BUT when i select the folder and load it...

it gives me the following error: No brush variants in the category.

I don't understand what this means because i Do have variants in the folder

btw i'm using painterIX

and my directory looks like this

c:\corel \ painterIX \ brushes \ custom brush \ custom brush \ (all the xml files)

please help......

Jinbrown
12-02-2005, 10:31 PM
when i click on the load brush library button, i can see my custom brush folder, BUT when i select the folder and load it...

it gives me the following error: No brush variants in the category.

I don't understand what this means because i Do have variants in the folder

btw i'm using painterIX

and my directory looks like this

c:\corel \ painterIX \ brushes \ custom brush \ custom brush \ (all the xml files)

Here's what your brush hierarchy should look like in order to load your custom brush library into Painter IX:

C:\
...Corel
......PainterIX
.........Brushes (folder where all brush libraries must be located to be used in Painter IX)
.............Custom Brush (your custom brush library folder)
................Custom Brush (your custom brush category folder)
................Custom Brush.jpg (30 x 30 pixel JPG brush category icon image file)
....................XML brush variant files
....................XML Captured Dab brush variant files, if any
....................JPG Captured Dab image associated with XML Captured Dab brush variant files, if any

If any of these are missing or at the wrong level in the hierarchy, or if the .JPG brush category icon image file is not 30 x 30 pixels, that can be the cause of the brush library not loading into Painter IX properly.

Again, if there are no Captured Dab brush variants, there won't be any associated JPG Captured Dab image files so you don't need to worry about them.

In case you don't already know, Captured Dab brush variants' brush dabs are based on an image file, thus the associated JPG using the same file name as the Captured Dab brush variant XML file. For instance in the Artists brush category:

Sargent Brush.xml
Sargent Brush.jpg

leykias
12-04-2005, 04:51 AM
thanks jim

Jinbrown
12-05-2005, 01:13 AM
Hi, and you're welcome.

Just so you know, I'm not a guy and my name isn't Jim.

It's Jin with an N, the short version of my nickname, Jinny with NN in the middle.

;)

CGTalk Moderation
12-05-2005, 01:13 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.