PDA

View Full Version : First Reviews for LW&W are in !

dogyears
12-02-2005, 07:31 AM
http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/chronicles_of_narnia_lion_witch_wardrobe/

Discuss.

kraal
12-02-2005, 08:48 AM
these reviews are generic enough to have me beleive they reviewed the trailer only

Ibanezhead
12-02-2005, 12:09 PM
I really hope they make all seven books. The LW&W is good, but not really the best of the group. Can't wait for The Voyage of the Dawn Treader...

jasonsco
12-03-2005, 01:53 AM
IMO, you can really only make the first four books into movies: LWW, Prince Caspian, The Voyage of the Dawn Treader, and The Silver Chair. Those four books are the only ones that involve the same characters in a timely progression, so they're the easiest to market to studios and the public. That's exactly what the BBC did years ago.

While the others (The Horse and His Boy, The Magician's Nephew, and The Last Battle) are fantastic (THHB is probably my personal favorite), it's tough to market films that aren't directly tied to the others. But who knows? Maybe it'll do so well that people will just understand, and they'll be able to actually produce all seven. I'd definitely love it if they did.

CGTalk Moderation
12-03-2005, 01:53 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.