PDA

View Full Version : Editing seperate layers at once as if they are one

dave247
12-02-2005, 12:54 AM
how do i edit seperate layers at once as if it was all one layer.. for example, i would like to smudge some colors on several layers but keep the layers seperate while i do it.

i forgot how to do this..

Per-Anders
12-02-2005, 01:07 AM
i don't think you can in photoshop, you could merge several layers into one and then blend the resulting layer.

Anuxinamoon
12-02-2005, 01:14 AM
Hey there,

It probably wouldn't be wise to smudge on all layers. Try creating a separate layer on the top called "Smudge of layers 5, 4 and 2" (or whatever the names are of the layers you are smudging.) Hide all the layers you DO NOT want to smudge, then get you smudge tool and then up the top in the Options Bar, select "Sample All Layers". This will then smudge all the layers currently visible onto the new layer without damaging the originals.
That way if you make a mistake and don't have 500 undo's, you can just erase what you don't want.

You will see a lot of the tools have this option.

Hope that helped :)

Sagii
12-05-2005, 08:50 PM
yup selecting the use all layers button on the top, will allow you to well use all layers :D

CGTalk Moderation
12-05-2005, 08:50 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.