PDA

View Full Version : wet texture help

EyeForComplexity
12-01-2005, 09:53 PM
im creating a scene where its raining and i need to know about creating tectures that look wet...how do i make a texture look wet...do i create a reflection map and how do i darken up an image to give it that wet look..

thanks

rBrady
12-06-2005, 02:02 PM
Google images search for "wet sidewalk". The first image that comes up is a great example of wet things in nature. If you notice the center of the sidewalk tile dosnt have much of a color shift. There is only a small difference. The only areas where there is much of a differance is where there is dirt that becomes dark when wet. for instance in the cracks of the sidewalk.

The reality is that most of what makes something look wet is the shader, not the texture. Things that are wet are shiny, have tight highlights, and are reflective. Any thing that is clean and dosnt absorb water wont change color at all.

EyeForComplexity
12-06-2005, 02:45 PM
thank you.. :)

soulburn3d
12-06-2005, 05:17 PM
This tutorial may help:

http://www.neilblevins.com/cg_education/wet_materials/wet_materials.htm

- Neil

CGTalk Moderation
12-06-2005, 05:17 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.