PDA

View Full Version : New Alias Downloadable DVD: MEL and the API

TopherMartini
12-01-2005, 10:48 PM
http://www.alias.com/glb/eng/community/downloadable_dvds.jsp

There is a new downloadable DVD available on the Alias web site for Silver and Platinum members on MEL and the Maya API.

It looks pretty good!

BoomRat
12-01-2005, 11:49 PM
I'm downloading that puppy right now:drool: .

I was really happy with last months, the Super Toon Modeling and Rigging sample. Unfortunately after I ordered the DVD bundle, they were sold out:sad: . I'm hoping they reprint the discs soon.

TopherMartini
12-02-2005, 12:33 AM
I forgot to download the Super Toon DVD last month :banghead: Big mistake...

hanskloss
12-02-2005, 12:59 AM
The 3 part Super Toon DVDs will be available for purchase very soon, so no worries.

TopherMartini
12-02-2005, 02:09 AM
Unfortunately "free" and "available for purchase soon" differ in price...

I wish Alias would offer an archive of downloadable DVDs instead of offering it just during that month. Limit people to only download the disk image once, but allow them to download it regardless of the month.

Oh well... </end-rant>

-Vormav-
12-02-2005, 04:36 AM
It's so tempting to get a silver membership right now...beats the hell out of buying the DVDs individually, not to mention all of the other content that you get.
For those of you that have silver or platinum memberships, how consistent have they been with this? Is there really something new and *worthwhile* every month?

alexentremont
12-02-2005, 11:04 AM
Praedicator,

The downloadable Super Toon DVD was showing only parts of the Super Toon DVD bundle.
It's actually quite clever from Alias because they know quite a few people (including me) will buy the bundle after having seen the content of the downloadable DVD.

CGTalk Moderation
12-02-2005, 11:04 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.