PDA

View Full Version : fiat 500

hsi
12-01-2005, 01:02 PM
hey.

thought id upload some new work from me. currently working on this fiat 500 (some 3 days of work). the polygon-count is somewhere around 12 000 right now, and i havent finished the interior yet. the mesh needs a lot of optimization and tweaking later....

im aiming for current generation pc detailed racing game specifications. i will also need some proper polygon balancing (for example, look at the rims and then at the turn signal lights:) )

here goes!

http://www.stellan.be/images/fiat1.jpg

http://www.stellan.be/images/fiatwire2.jpg

http://www.stellan.be/images/fiatwire1.jpg

obelisk
12-01-2005, 11:08 PM
im aiming for current generation pc detailed racing game specifications.

Hey hsi

Can you clarify what you mean here. What's your projected polycount, texture space etc. It's a beautiful model, but there are heaps of polys you could do without. Always good to know exactly what people are aiming at. There's a little intersecting geometry too (indicator, front badge, door handles etc). Is this ok for your spec?

It's looking awesome. Keep it coming.

cheers,

-O

hsi
12-01-2005, 11:24 PM
Hey hsi

Can you clarify what you mean here. What's your projected polycount, texture space etc. It's a beautiful model, but there are heaps of polys you could do without. Always good to know exactly what people are aiming at. There's a little intersecting geometry too (indicator, front badge, door handles etc). Is this ok for your spec?

It's looking awesome. Keep it coming.

cheers,

-O

hey thanks for your comment.

Im aiming for around 13-15 000 polygons with fully detailed interior. the intersecting geometry is totally ok, but im trying to keep it as a solid mesh where i can. texture space is not quite decided yet, but somewhere around one 2048 for exterior and one 2048 for interior....

and yes, there are currently some unnessecary polygons, but as i wrote before i havent done the final optimization yet.... i always model kinda messy and quick and then go back and fix where i can clearly see where it has to be fixed :)

SHEPEIRO
12-02-2005, 03:13 PM
hey man i came online to post my fiat 500 and was pipped to the post (hoho):eek:

looking good so far,

interesting to see how our models compare,

there are some tricky bits to a fiat 5oo, espescially the front end, i see your getting some shading issues there too, but i think yours looks a little cleaner than mine:D

are you planning to up the detial a little as i see your missing a few bits,

1 windows, have another instepped "layer" and bit seperating glasss next to wing mirror

2 grills on the back. mapping i geuss

3 i think from my refs there is a dent behind the door handle (to fit hand in)

it looks like a damn clean model without these, so feel free to disregard.:)

RmachucaA
12-02-2005, 05:19 PM
looking good, good poly flow. get cracking on some nice gritty realistic textures :)

Radeon
12-02-2005, 05:48 PM
Looks great, keep up the good work :)

AdamAtomic
12-02-2005, 06:39 PM
I rarely get excited about cars but this one looks sweet man, I thought it was in the hundred-thousand poly range at first, very nice work!

stecki
12-03-2005, 02:34 AM
hey man looking cool. one thing though is you don't want to lose too many polys if the engine can take it, and next gen engines can. i mean next gen racing games will have lotsa damage so you need extra polys in the doors for example that when undamaged look wasted, but smack that car against another and you need them to dent it all up. love the 500, but nothing beats a mk1 mini ;) good job!

dreamsunlimited
12-03-2005, 05:21 AM
really nice model u'ev got there.good modeling skills. keep it up

hsi
12-03-2005, 05:27 AM
Thanks for all your comments, i really appreciate it :)
Im gonna continue work on it now, so i will keep you all updated.

SHEPIRO: Yep, about the windows i know of.... but i wasnt sure when working on that part really how far id go with detail, but i think im gonna do it since its quite a characteristic thing on the 500.

Grill on the back wont get modelled. im thinking of alpha there instead. or what do you think?

Also checked out what you meant about the doorhandle, and its true. im on it :)

Red 5
12-03-2005, 07:44 AM
Nice work hsi :) ...Fiat 500's seem to be popular atm ;)

hsi
12-03-2005, 08:00 AM
Nice work hsi :) ...Fiat 500's seem to be popular atm ;)

thanks a lot. admire your work on PG3 btw :)

Red 5
12-03-2005, 10:59 PM
Thanks mate :thumbsup:

jfalconer
12-04-2005, 01:55 AM
This should look very nice indeed when its all finished. Just be sure to park it out somewhere nice when its finished, with a nice reflection map on it or something. It must be hard to model cars! :thumbsup:

ThePieMan
02-02-2006, 09:45 AM
Hey, could you convert this to San Andreases for me? Its a really awesome car.

CGTalk Moderation
02-02-2006, 09:45 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.