PDA

View Full Version : Fireside chat from Edwin at fR Beta Blog

nycL45
11-30-2005, 09:44 PM
For those interested in some background on what Edwin Braun and others have been doing at Cebas, Edwin did a little chatting at fR Beta Blog located here: http://blog.zoobox.co.uk/ (blog created by some of the finalRender Beta testers).

Edwin mentioned that C4D's 9.5.2 late arrival impacts Mac users:"This also means a slight delay in the Apple Mac built as we have to look into the SDK changes and fix the things in the Windows build first.
I will talk about the Apple build a bit more in my future Weblogs so stay tuned!" :cry: :banghead: :cry: ;)

Dr. Botanist
11-30-2005, 09:52 PM
GAK! I'm dying for this Mac version of FR2!

Ernest Burden
12-01-2005, 01:39 AM
Edwin did a little chatting at fR Beta Blog

For the ADD crowd:

"We've been really hectic here, boy, oh boy".

Chrissyboy
12-01-2005, 12:37 PM
This is a shame. I can see why the 9.52 update would be withheld from small operations like 'Joes handy plug-ins' or whatever, but a massive player like cebas would surely be seen as a safe place to give early notice to of important changes, it's incredible they had to download it from Maxon at the same time as the rest of us!

:hmm: I really hope the Mac issues get sorted out soon - it seems like we're being treated as a bit of an inconvenience by cebas. Even more annoying as it seems to be some sloppy code (http://forums.cgsociety.org/showthread.php?p=2728716&highlight=edwin#post2728716) in Windows that has caused all the problems in the first place!

Grrr.
:argh:

Edwin mentioned that C4D's 9.5.2 late arrival impacts Mac users:"This also means a slight delay in the Apple Mac built as we have to look into the SDK changes and fix the things in the Windows build first.
I will talk about the Apple build a bit more in my future Weblogs so stay tuned!"

Srek
12-01-2005, 12:48 PM
This is a shame. I can see why the 9.52 update would be withheld from small operations like 'Joes handy plug-ins' or whatever, but a massive player like cebas would surely be seen as a safe place to give early notice to of important changes, it's incredible they had to download it from Maxon at the same time as the rest of us!

No idea why Edwin wrote that. I'll contact him on it and ask for clarification, it does not match up with my information.
Cheers
Björn

CGTalk Moderation
12-01-2005, 12:48 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.