PDA

View Full Version : WIP: Path of the Dead

mornie
11-30-2005, 10:40 PM
I know, I know. I'm still working on the sunset one. Promise! This is actually older, but I started working on it again, recently.

http://www.geocities.com/sini_violin/snowy.jpg

Anywho, comments and crits welcome. Known flaws: the wing on the left needs to be pointing more behind her and some of the plants and rocks and the trees on the right need to be finalized. The colors will be painted in on a color layer, so there aren't any right now. I'm thinking of a blue-purple range, since its night. If you want to comment on shading or something like that, please mention what you can see above the viny things. It should range between pitch black and branchy. Tell me that, and I'll know what contrast your monitor has. With all these dark colors, that can make a difference. :)

Description:

A soulkeeper on the Path of the Dead in the Godsrealm. Souls are stored in the glowy pods between lifetimes. New souls grow from the ground and "used" souls hang from the trees. The soulkeepers tend to the souls, plucking them from their pods when its time to be born and putting them back when they die. Its said that the sight of a soulkeeper will kill a mortal instantly, which is quite handy at keeping them out of the Godsrealm, since the Path of the Dead encircles it.

Anywho, that's it for now. I had a horrible bout with carpal-tunnel-or-whatever-it-is yesterday, so I'm banning myself from the computer after this for the rest of the day. Don't want it coming back. Nope nope. Me needs real wrist brace. Thanks for any and all comments/crits!

AliceMarie
12-01-2005, 08:45 AM
Hi!I can actually see a bit of branches and etc above the vines. ;) Overall I like the image design, and the idea of the vines being light sources. (And the little swirls on the tree trucks are just cool.)

I also like the detail paid to the figure's wings, as they grow more transparent at the outer bits (except for the bright edges, of course.)

My main concern about this peice is that your light plan has almost no mid values. It's either really really light, or really really dark. Instead of a forest, it looks more like a cave. Also, your main character isn't casting a shadow.

Good luck in getting a wrist brace. Those things can be hand savers! I use one at work when I do a lot of typing. :)

CGTalk Moderation
12-01-2005, 08:45 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.