PDA

View Full Version : Problem installing Illustrator CS2 update..

talos72
11-30-2005, 07:37 PM
While back I wanted to check out Illustrator CS2...so I installed the tryout version. Then I uninstalled (couldn't afford at the time). Now I bought a copy and installed the app fine, but when I try to run the Illustrator CS2 update, I a message pops up saying "can't update tryout version".

I assume the tryout version has left some files behind and the update is referencing it or something. Any ideas?

I would greatly appreciate help.

tb582
12-01-2005, 04:30 AM
You probably already did this but check and see if the tryout is either listed in the add/remove programs or is in the start menu. If so remove it. Restart you computer, uninstall your full ver of illustrator, restart. Reinstall your full ver. Restart and then run the updater...

talos72
12-01-2005, 06:29 AM
I ended up re-installing and uninstalling the tryout, but I chose the option to remove preferences also. That did the trick...the pref files from the previous instal were still on my machine and that's what the update was looking at.

Thanks anyways.

CGTalk Moderation
12-01-2005, 06:29 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.