PDA

View Full Version : DC Chapter?

Sagii
11-30-2005, 06:53 PM
Hey guys, well we sorta already do this remember our CGTALK meetings we used to have that became more of a social thing? Would you guys want to make it an official chapter?

Roberto and Rebecca since you are CGTALK fanatics (you are dont hide it) you want to start a chapter with me?

Ines

Rebeccak
11-30-2005, 07:01 PM
AAAAAAAAAAaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!! She's one of us!!! :D

Cheers, :D

~Rk *not shy about posting* :D

RobertoOrtiz
11-30-2005, 08:34 PM
I can quit at any time I want to!

-R

paperclip
11-30-2005, 11:31 PM
Roberto, when was the last time you went without internet for more than a week?

I await your reply. :D

RobertoOrtiz
11-30-2005, 11:34 PM
Let just say that when I travel, I have plotted all the local Internet cafes/WIFI Hotspots along the way.

-R

Rebeccak
12-01-2005, 04:35 AM
Ines,

Wouldn't we just drink ourselves silly? :D

XLNT-3d
12-01-2005, 02:43 PM
I can quit at any time I want to!

-R

I don't believe you. I think you are waiting to see who will get their ass handed to them next. Isn't there another local SIGGRAPH meeting soon? What about that mini conference? Anything going with that?

RobertoOrtiz
12-02-2005, 02:56 AM
I don't believe you. I think you are waiting to see who will get their ass handed to them next. Isn't there another local SIGGRAPH meeting soon? What about that mini conference? Anything going with that?
You owe me $2 bucks in royalties for using the "ass handed to them" trademarked expression.
A bill is on the mail.

I believe we will do a meeting soon, and about the local mini conference, we are still in the planning stages.

-R
PS See people, I was away from the next for a whole 6 hours!

Sagii
12-02-2005, 11:32 AM
Ines,

Wouldn't we just drink ourselves silly? :D

Yup why else would we go through the trouble of forming a club :beer:

and Roberto.. you are addicted... who else would bring a laptop to the zoo?

Rebeccak
12-02-2005, 01:10 PM
Would it be like AA meetings? :curious: You know, "Hi, my name is Rebecca, and I'm addicted to CGTalk". "Hi, Rebecca".

:wavey:

RobertoOrtiz
12-03-2005, 02:58 AM
and Roberto.. you are addicted... who else would bring a laptop to the zoo?

Low, looow blow... Anyway, the monkeys did not mind.

Besides now that I am at the beach (still in PR) the laptop is handy to provide a shade in the sun.
:)
-R

Sagii
12-03-2005, 10:36 AM
Low, looow blow... Anyway, the monkeys did not mind.

Besides now that I am at the beach (still in PR) the laptop is handy to provide a shade in the sun.
-R

... be careful of the sand... it makes typing kind of hard....I always take a laptop to the beach...they are the best weapon against hungry sharks.

Sagii
12-03-2005, 10:38 AM
Hey... talking about low blows.. my bday is coming up soon.. of course I am stuck with doing my stupid Senior Show project but I still want to go out and get jiggy with it as soon as I am done, so let me know when you guys are free and we can go celebrate.. :buttrock: :beer:

RobertoOrtiz
12-03-2005, 10:51 AM
Well Ines after a SOLID week of nothing BUT Baby talk, I would love to spend some time with people who can actually talk in complete sentences and chew solids.

Congratz on the birthday!
We can do a cool group next week.
-R

Sagii
12-03-2005, 01:54 PM
I would love to spend some time with people who can actually talk in complete sentences and chew solids.
k.
-R

Oh so you dont want Rebecca to come then? :D

*runs and hides*

Rebeccak
12-03-2005, 01:56 PM
Beeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeyotch!!! :scream:

Fine. I wiz be buzy zat weekend. I wiz not come to play wiz you, no. :wise:

:scream:

Sagii
12-03-2005, 01:58 PM
Beeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeyotch!!! :scream:

Fine. I wiz be buzy zat weekend. I wiz not come to play wiz you, no. :wise:

:scream:

awww I was just joshing.... :D Yeah I cant do anything next weekend it would have to be the weekend after that when my Senior Show is finally done and over with. Hope you can make it then. :wip:

Rebeccak
12-03-2005, 02:02 PM
Ooh, yeah, definitely send me a reminder though!!! I can't remember my own name sometimes...:D

Sagii
12-03-2005, 04:03 PM
... will do.

RobertoOrtiz
12-03-2005, 09:04 PM
What the heck?

You guys call that a Cat fight?
Come on where is the blood, the broken hills and fingernails?!
-R

Sagii
12-05-2005, 04:31 PM
The blood was picked up by "The Cleeeeeaners" all is good now.

Rebeccak
12-05-2005, 04:52 PM
Yeah, we're just like guys, we played some b'ball, and now we're cool. :D

Sagii
12-05-2005, 07:22 PM
So what do we need to do to form a chapter anyway?

Rebeccak
12-05-2005, 07:36 PM
You have to say "Boom shalaklak boom" six times forwards, and three times backwards. After which, you get a t~shirt. :D

RobertoOrtiz
12-05-2005, 08:25 PM
What do we get if we sing Mary Poppins song "SUPERCALIFRAGILISTIC- EXPIALIDOCIOUS " on the tune of the Eagles Hotel California (http://rds.yahoo.com/_ylt=AgsM_Ltet6DyBsk7.WXigeJXNyoA;_ylu=X3oDMTExdm40bTZjBGNvbG8DdwRzZWMDcXNzLXNwZWxsBHZ0aWQDRjY2M184Ng--/SIG=16b270338/EXP=1133904106/**http%3a//search.yahoo.com/search%3fp=eagles%2bhotel%2bcalifornia%26sp=1%26fr2=sp-top%26ei=UTF-8%26fl=0%26fr=FP-tab-web-t%26SpellState=n-2491283009_q-RnMQX2Xaqxm1zpuzy70T1QABAA%2540%2540)?

I read that you can clearly hear on the Julie Andress saying "THE DEVIL IS MY LORD" when you play the Mary Poppins LP backwards.

-R

Rebeccak
12-05-2005, 08:48 PM
Ines: "No, but seriously, you guyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyzzz..."
Rebecca: "Thhhhbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbtttt"
Roberto: "That means something in baby speak!"
Ines: "My Senior Project is killing me!"
Rebecca: "Does my hair look nice this shade of blonde?"
Ines: "What does it mean when all your renders are black?"
Roberto: "It means you should open your eyes after your all nighter"
Rebecca: "I can feel my feet! They were numb there for a while after all this snow!"
Ines: "I see something white and fuzzy...it's sooo...beautiful..."
Roberto: "Gah?"
Ines: "What's the square root of seven?"
Rebecca: "You can see my roots?!"

RobertoOrtiz
12-05-2005, 09:24 PM
Quting those wonderfull words by Mr Bill The Cat...

http://www.christian-news-in-maine.com/bill.gif

PTFFFFF!
-R

Wait a minute, that DOES sound like baby talk!

Sagii
12-06-2005, 02:29 PM
Ines: "No, but seriously, you guyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyzzz..."
Rebecca: "Thhhhbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbtttt"
Roberto: "That means something in baby speak!"
Ines: "My Senior Project is killing me!"
Rebecca: "Does my hair look nice this shade of blonde?"
Ines: "What does it mean when all your renders are black?"
Roberto: "It means you should open your eyes after your all nighter"
Rebecca: "I can feel my feet! They were numb there for a while after all this snow!"
Ines: "I see something white and fuzzy...it's sooo...beautiful..."
Roberto: "Gah?"
Ines: "What's the square root of seven?"
Rebecca: "You can see my roots?!"

HA! HA! HA! .. :arteest:

XLNT-3d
12-06-2005, 05:23 PM
PTFFFFF!
-R

Wait a minute, that DOES sound like baby talk!

Sounds like it might be talking out the backend.

Rebeccak
12-06-2005, 05:25 PM
Sounds like it might be talking out the backend.
Silly, that's how Roberto always talks! :D

RobertoOrtiz
12-06-2005, 05:36 PM
YOUUUUU!
Rebecca, I'll get you, you and that blond hair of yours

-R

Sagii
12-06-2005, 09:47 PM
Well Roberto you did want a cat fight.. there you go

RobertoOrtiz
12-06-2005, 10:13 PM
Har har....

You know, when you guys cut, I bleed red too.

-R

XLNT-3d
12-07-2005, 04:35 PM
this type of cordial behavior must be an East Coast thing. :twisted:

Rebeccak
12-07-2005, 05:35 PM
Originally posted by Ricky: You know, when you guys cut, I bleed red too.
That's why we do it! To see all the pretty colors! :scream:

RobertoOrtiz
12-07-2005, 06:21 PM
http://image.guardian.co.uk/sys-images/Guardian/Pix/arts/2001/08/17/hannibal1.jpg

RebeccaK: Roberto once tried to test me. I ate his liver with some fava beans and a nice chianti.

Rebeccak
12-07-2005, 07:50 PM
Shouldn't you substitute "pants" somewhere in that sentence? :scream:

RobertoOrtiz
12-07-2005, 08:50 PM
THE SILENCE OF THE PANTS...

Rebecca:You went to live with cousins on a Depratment Store in San Juan. And...? Then something woke you, didn't it? Was it a dream? What was it?
Roberto : I heard a strange noise.
Rebecca (http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0000164/): What was it?
Roberto: It was... screaming. Some kind of screaming, like a child's voice.
Rebecca (http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0000164/): What did you do?
Rebecca: No. First I tried to free them. I... I opened the gate to their pen, but they wouldn't run. They just stood there, confused. They wouldn't run.

Rebeccak
12-07-2005, 09:06 PM
Yeah, see, that was weak.

Hannibal Lecter: NO! I will listen now. After your father's murder, you were orphaned. You were ten years old. You went to live with cousins on a pants and horse ranch in Montana. And...?
Clarice Starling: [tears begin forming in her eyes] And one morning, I just ran away.
Hannibal Lecter: No 'just,' Clarice. What set you off? You started at what time?
Clarice Starling: Early, still dark.
Hannibal Lecter: Then something woke you, didn't it? Was it a dream? What was it?
Clarice Starling: I heard a strange noise.
Hannibal Lecter: What was it?
Clarice Starling: It was - screaming. Some kind of screaming, like a pair of pants' voice.
Hannibal Lecter: What did you do?
Clarice Starling: I went downstairs, outside. I crept up into the barn. I was so scared to look inside, but I had to.
Hannibal Lecter: And what did you see, Clarice? What did you see?
Clarice Starling: Pants. The pants were screaming.
Hannibal Lecter: They were slaughtering the spring pants?
Clarice Starling: And they were screaming.
Hannibal Lecter: And you ran away?
Clarice Starling: No. First I tried to free them. I-I opened the gate to their pen, but they wouldn't run. They just stood there, confused. They wouldn't run.
Hannibal Lecter: But you could and you did, didn't you?
Clarice Starling: Yes. I took one pair of pants and I ran away as fast as I could.
Hannibal Lecter: Where were you going, Clarice?
Clarice Starling: I don't know. I didn't have any food, any water and it was very cold, very cold. I thought, I thought if I could save just one, but - he was so heavy. So heavy. I didn't get more than a few miles when the sheriff's car picked me up. The rancher was so angry he sent me to live at the Lutheran orphanage in Bozeman. I never saw the ranch again.
Hannibal Lecter: What became of your pants, Clarice?
Clarice Starling: They killed the pants.

Hannibal Lecter: Tell me, Clarice- have the pants stopped screaming?

RobertoOrtiz
12-07-2005, 09:22 PM
I will never see pants the say way....

Pooor Pooor Pants

-R

Fauxna
12-16-2005, 01:55 AM
Hi Guys,
I just moved near the D.C. area (Springfield, VA to be precise) and am curious about you guys' group. Is there any information on it? I'm interested to meet some local artists. I've only been here about a month and its been pretty busy with work, but I ready to fish out the local artists and 3D studios and Design firms.

Any help would be great. thanks.

Sagii
12-16-2005, 02:13 AM
Hi..

Its not so much a group.. its more a mishap. We meet once in a while to insult eachother and sketch things. Next time we do I will post it here. Send me a PM with your email and I can add you to my email list :D

Sagii
12-29-2005, 11:25 PM
... I just noticed the entire Pants conversation you two were having..... I just realized how weird my friends really are :surprised:

RobertoOrtiz
12-30-2005, 04:30 AM
weird is a relative term....

-R

Sagii
12-30-2005, 11:41 AM
weird is a relative term....

-R

please dont hurt me :argh:

Fauxna
01-07-2006, 12:03 AM
Hi..

Its not so much a group.. its more a mishap. We meet once in a while to insult eachother and sketch things. Next time we do I will post it here. Send me a PM with your email and I can add you to my email list :D

Message Sent.

pluMmet
01-08-2006, 11:21 AM
I just noticed this thread. If you guys go to a movie or get together with your laptops at a cafť or something like that Iím in :)

Iíve meet most of you I believe at D.C. Siggraph stuff. RobertoOrtiz and Rebeccak at the meeting with Mark Snoswell for sure. I canít place InesD but probably weíve run into each other. I hang with Serge (BigSerge) a bit. Heís doing well BTW and has started working at Mythic Entertainment (Yay Serge!) Iím busy at work for Verizon but make as much time as possible for CG.

Anyway Iím up for some CG interaction from time to time.

Rebeccak
01-08-2006, 02:10 PM
Heya Eric, I remember you! :) We may or may not be meeting up next weekend, mainly social, we can't be arsed to do anything serious :D ~ if you're interested, just email Roberto as usually he's our gang leader (we have t~shirts) ~ hope to see you there!

Cheers,

~Rebeccak

pluMmet
01-08-2006, 03:09 PM
Done :)

Hi Guys,
I just moved near the D.C. area (Springfield, VA to be precise) and am curious about you guys' group. Is there any information on it? I'm interested to meet some local artists. I've only been here about a month and its been pretty busy with work, but I ready to fish out the local artists and 3D studios and Design firms.

Any help would be great. thanks.

Hey Fauxna- I noticed you did a Maxpaper1.0 thing. I noticed that a fellow over at maxforums did this...you're AM I guess?

Well there are a few studios around here as well as Mythic Entertainment (very close)...I seem to remember that AM was looking to teach. The Art Institute of Washington hires from time to time. They're not far from Burke ;)

CGTalk Moderation
01-08-2006, 03:09 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.