PDA

View Full Version : keeping page holes from intersecting a ring - expresso ?

robotbob
11-30-2005, 04:12 PM
hey all

hopefully the graphic below should be clear enough - i made these album pages - duplicated them up with place on points with a random of 2 degrees to get a bit of skew on each page - now if i animate them with ye old and cheesefull pageturn is there a clever way to do this and keep the page holes from intersecting with the rings ?

thanks clever people

pedro

nutriman
11-30-2005, 05:04 PM
you can put one single page into a null object (as a parent) which is located in the middle of the rings, so when you rotate the null object the page will also turn keeping a constant radius and not intersecting.

robotbob
11-30-2005, 05:16 PM
thanks - that will work fine and is a good + easy solution to rotate around one axis only - however if each page has a unique skew on its own local axis a null centred on the rings will not constrain the holes around the rings every time unless you keyframe out the skew - i could be over complicating this as keyframing this animation is not that hard - but i am always curious about expresso solutions as i would like to learn it more.

CGTalk Moderation
11-30-2005, 05:16 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.