PDA

View Full Version : Girl WIP

Insomniation
11-30-2005, 03:18 PM
Hey all,

I just wanted to show the picture I'm currently working on. This is my 2nd photoshop work that I've done. I normally do everything traditionally, but figured I might as well learn the ropes of photoshop painting. I kind of like how the hair is turning out...but the hands are KILLING me! When I started drawing I always had a hard time with hands so I avoided them. Now that I'm actually drawing them...I'm still struggling.

Any and all C&C is welcome and appreciated.

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y85/DSAzeppelin/girly3copy.jpg

FYI: she is biting the headphones chord which she is holding in both hands...incase you were wondering :)

AliceMarie
12-01-2005, 08:35 AM
Nice! Are you going to do the entire peice a a black and white? And I must say, you have a lot of patience for doing tht hair. That would drive me up the wall in no time flat. ;)

So what is she looking at?

The only thing that looks off to me right away is her left forearm appears to be way too long; I think it's because the upperarm doesn't look foreshortened, so in order to have her holding the wire horizontally, you extended the length of the forearm.

Insomniation
12-01-2005, 03:50 PM
The entire thing will be B&W....I'm a fan of the old B&W/Sepia toned pictures...so I kind of wanted to stick with that. However I was thinking about doing a colored version when I'm done since I havn't tried painting skin or anything like that yet.

I had patience for the hair because it was actually turning out :)....but the forearm/hands are not going too hot so I've been getting kind of frustrated with myself.

The forearm is pretty darn long like you said...so I'll definately fix that. Thanks for pointing that out.

Thanks Alice :D

CGTalk Moderation
12-01-2005, 03:50 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.