PDA

View Full Version : Multi-Pass seperate objects

Zongo
11-30-2005, 02:21 PM
hi, i need to know how to render different objects in a scene as seperate layer for easier editing in photoshop.... i couldnt find that option, or am i missing something really obvious :D ?

thanks very much, not much time left to finish the challenge entry... :)

dann_stubbs
11-30-2005, 02:33 PM
hi, i need to know how to render different objects in a scene as seperate layer for easier editing in photoshop.... i couldnt find that option, or am i missing something really obvious :D ?

thanks very much, not much time left to finish the challenge entry... :)

add a compositing tag and then assign an object buffer

now add that layer in the render layers and there you go

dann

Zongo
11-30-2005, 02:44 PM
hey, cool dann,
gonna check that out as soon as my test renders are finished :)

thank you

Zongo
12-01-2005, 05:53 PM
damn it, its not working :(

i have addded the composition tag and gave it the id "1", then added an object buffer in the multi pass options with an id "1", but that layer just doesnt exist in the multi pass image... does it only work on poly objects or does it work on whole groups of objects? i`m desperate! :cry: deadline is in four days and i havent started rendering!!
thats all going to end bad....:banghead:

mustardseed
12-01-2005, 05:59 PM
Object buffers appear as alpha channels in Photoshop, so you'll probably find the matte for ID1 in the Channels pallette. AFAIK Cinema doesn't render out objects into separate PSD layers, you'll have to separate them yourself.

andrew

Zongo
12-01-2005, 06:21 PM
all right!! cool, that seems to be working! thank you very much, now i might finish in time :)

CGTalk Moderation
12-01-2005, 06:21 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.