PDA

View Full Version : Pixar's One Man Band Sneak Peek

nape
11-30-2005, 12:10 PM
Sorry if it's already been posted.

Link (http://www.pixar.com/shorts/omb/theater/index.html)

Maverick3d
11-30-2005, 12:19 PM
That was excruciatingly short.

Is it coming out with Cars?

slaughters
11-30-2005, 12:39 PM
But technically shouldn't it be called "Two Men Banding"?

FloydBishop
11-30-2005, 01:40 PM
That was excruciatingly short.

You said it!

Nearly half of the clip is the Pixar logo. It already says "Pixar" two other places on the page, and it's watermarked in the corner of the clip itself. We get it :)

Velk
11-30-2005, 02:14 PM
Fun! I wish more studios did shorts at the beginning of movies, but then again it might get old after a while.

soulburn3d
11-30-2005, 02:42 PM
Fun! I wish more studios did shorts at the beginning of movies, but then again it might get old after a while.

Well, back in the earlier days of cinema most films did have shorts before them, a whole ton of our most beloved cartoon characters got their start there. But I guess it got "old" and so it doesn't happen much anymore. Maybe it's time for the tradition to start again.

- Neil

victor
11-30-2005, 05:12 PM
It already says "Pixar" two other places on the page, and it's watermarked in the corner of the clip itself. We get it :)

Maybe they got the idea from Microsoft's Windows startup screens.

TopherMartini
11-30-2005, 05:39 PM
Does anyone else think the girl looks a little bit like Boo from Monsters Inc?

Capel
11-30-2005, 07:30 PM
saw this a few weeks ago with some other shorts. funny stuff. the little girl does remind me of Boo, but i think it works well.

SpiralFace
11-30-2005, 07:46 PM
Well, back in the earlier days of cinema most films did have shorts before them, a whole ton of our most beloved cartoon characters got their start there. But I guess it got "old" and so it doesn't happen much anymore. Maybe it's time for the tradition to start again.

- Neil

Naw, I think the studios figured out that they could make more money by placing TV ads at the beginning of the movies instead of shorts.

As if the slide shows while you found your seats was'nt enough, you then have to watch 5-15 minutes of TV ads after the lights go down. Sheeesh. I'm just happy PIXAR is bringing it back. And other studios are following up on it (Madagascar penguins at the beginning of Wallace and Grommit was a nice touch to the already good movie.)

gunslingerblack
11-30-2005, 08:17 PM
so yeah, i was like ok ok im gettin into this ,

and then it cut off,

it was like getting hit in the face with a brick while ur tryin to play a game ur extremely into.

lol or something like that

Velk
11-30-2005, 08:24 PM
Naw, I think the studios figured out that they could make more money by placing TV ads at the beginning of the movies instead of shorts.

As if the slide shows while you found your seats was'nt enough, you then have to watch 5-15 minutes of TV ads after the lights go down. Sheeesh. I'm just happy PIXAR is bringing it back. And other studios are following up on it (Madagascar penguins at the beginning of Wallace and Grommit was a nice touch to the already good movie.)
Ah, the things I miss while living in a very small town: $12 Tickets and movie comercials... Maybe I will stay here.
Seriously I love the shorts, kinda sets the mood before the movie starts.

sjaak
11-30-2005, 09:04 PM
I saw this one at annecy (france) a half year ago. As all of pixars's shorts it's really fun to watch.

toonpang
11-30-2005, 11:05 PM
Awesome! I can't wait to see the whole thing...

Those silly Pixarians forgot to close their directories so here's the direct link if you want to download it:

http://www.pixar.com/shorts/omb/theater/OMB_clips/OMB_WEB_CLIP_480.mov

-Kevin

js33
11-30-2005, 11:56 PM
Hehehehe. Oops. Sorry wrong thread.

darktding
12-01-2005, 12:11 AM
yes cannot wait to see the whole thing

isobarxx
12-01-2005, 06:09 AM
Hey remember when you could actually watch Pixar shorts on Pixar's site? I'm not sure why someone would decide to only show a piece of a really great old classic like Knickknack... other than greed.

When you take the attitude with your customers/fans where you make them pay through the nose for every tiny bit of joy... even hardcore fans will eventually come to hate you. For example, the vast majority of people I know strongly dislike the RIAA. Deadheads are abandoning The (Grateful) Dead since the surving members pulled distribution of their soundboard bootlegs.

One Man Band looks pretty awesome. But come on guys. Nobody likes a tightwad.

Dennik
12-01-2005, 02:23 PM
Hey remember when you could actually watch Pixar shorts on Pixar's site? I'm not sure why someone would decide to only show a piece of a really great old classic like Knickknack... other than greed.

When you take the attitude with your customers/fans where you make them pay through the nose for every tiny bit of joy... even hardcore fans will eventually come to hate you. For example, the vast majority of people I know strongly dislike the RIAA. Deadheads are abandoning The (Grateful) Dead since the surving members pulled distribution of their soundboard bootlegs.

One Man Band looks pretty awesome. But come on guys. Nobody likes a tightwad.

If you are a fan, buy their dvds. It has their shorts, plus an extra movie. :)
As for not showing the latest short, well they can't show it, in order to be eligible for oscar nomination.

mmkelly011881
12-01-2005, 08:39 PM
404 :(

victor throe
12-02-2005, 12:09 PM
i loved this short.

the colours and scale are incredible.

apparently the sheep from boundin is stitched on the girls cloak....but i couldnt see it

Bartek|3D
12-04-2005, 06:28 PM
Looks like it's down...
Anyone got it saved? Cached? :(

Stillwell
12-04-2005, 06:30 PM
I saw the sneak-peek a few days ago. I'm really looking forward to seeing the full version.

Yes, it's short, but it is a sneak peek after all...

Bartek|3D
12-04-2005, 08:31 PM
Yeah I saw it a couple days too, but it'd be awesome to check it out again. Too bad it's down!
I'm sure it'll play along side Cars on the big screen.

I saw the sneak-peek a few days ago. I'm really looking forward to seeing the full version.

Yes, it's short, but it is a sneak peek after all...

yolao
12-05-2005, 11:58 PM
can someone put a direct link to download the movie as a file?....thanks......the link on page 1 is not working

cJaynes
12-06-2005, 11:55 AM
But technically shouldn't it be called "Two Men Banding"? How about "Two one man bands"? ;)

rblitz7
01-26-2006, 11:36 PM
Ah what happened to the sneak peak! If anybody saved it, could you email it to me?

RockinAkin
01-27-2006, 12:00 AM
Cant wait to see the whole thing this weekend at the Pixar MoMA show.

rblitz7
01-27-2006, 12:22 AM
Cant wait to see the whole thing this weekend at the Pixar MoMA show.
WHAA! I was just there! where did you see this?

tevih
01-27-2006, 01:49 AM
I think it played on monday, MLK day. I was there, too, but couldnt stay that long to watch it... I'll have to wait for cars. :hmm:

I think they also had it before the screening of finding nemo.

What a great exhibit... :)

rblitz7
01-27-2006, 06:44 PM
So did anyone save the sneak peak?

Bartek|3D
01-29-2006, 12:59 AM
I found it again ;)

http://www.bartekkujbida.com/?p=17

paul.yan
01-29-2006, 02:40 AM
I found it again ;)

You rock!!

amannin
01-29-2006, 04:18 AM
...awesome, i've been looking for an online copy -- almost gave up too.

Bartek|3D
01-29-2006, 05:44 AM
Hey no problem guys!
I had help from a certain Mr.Vilela too ;)

Congrats on finishing your short Paul, looks great!

CGTalk Moderation
01-29-2006, 05:44 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.