PDA

View Full Version : Please critique my work!!!

moush
11-30-2005, 11:40 AM
Hi

Please feel free to critique this piece of animation...!!!

www.abhimation.com/moush/Mouse.mpg (http://www.abhimation.com/moush/Mouse.mpg)

Thanx!

userBrian
12-01-2005, 04:14 AM
Looks promissing, i'd like to see it with the jaw made smaller, and give him lips.
The eyebrows are out of character to me, remind me of groucho, wheras this dude
seems spooky. What does he mean "think like a mouse"?

miracle9979
12-01-2005, 05:22 AM
Make the eyes,eyebrows and the lips look much better.And then make expressions like frown,surprise and lip movement using blend shapes.This will make your character look live.But anyways so far a good job.:thumbsup:

Good animation starts with good model.:)

Winner
12-01-2005, 02:02 PM
i think you guys are laying into the model too much and not noticing that this animation is actually not bad at all. I agree - it would be much better with a fuller facial rig - but it seems that moush has simply downloaded a pre existing free rig off the net ( i think its called LowMan or something ) and it doesnt have a powerful face setup at all.

maybe some of the poses look a little `twinny`, and the staging is a bit close. But there is a real control of overlap and nice settling into poses here, and the arcs are nice and smooth.

i like it ! keep it up.

mychaleg
12-01-2005, 07:26 PM
i think the animation is good, but with the exception of 'think' the poses/expressions don't match with the context of what he's saying.

error777
12-01-2005, 09:53 PM
Animation looks great, and I don’t necessarily agree that gestures and expressions don’t match what he is saying... I think they do… The first “get into mind” He does this tiger claws thing that come out and in… sorda jumping into the mind… “want and need line” work as well – he is expressing big concepts here, so his hands are wide apart and “philosopher like” and obviously what they think, he points to the head… and the last line, “like a mouse” the character makes himself “look” like a mouse…

To improve it maybe…if the rig allows, I would open the eyes a little wider on key words like “mind” , “want” , “think” and on “want” maybe even have him look up as he does his action, and then on “need” back to looking at camera…

I think that if you exaggerate the eyes expression a little, it will read a lot better…

But great over all! :)

moush
12-02-2005, 02:20 PM
i think you guys are laying into the model too much and not noticing that this animation is actually not bad at all. I agree - it would be much better with a fuller facial rig - but it seems that moush has simply downloaded a pre existing free rig off the net ( i think its called LowMan or something ) and it doesnt have a powerful face setup at all.

Hey thanx guys..I agree that it needs some more facial animation but Winner's right (thanx Winner btw! :) )...the rig doesn have much of facial control & I know zilch in modelling & rigging! But, as error777 says...maybe I can try experimenting with the eyes. That ll improve it.

As far as the posing is concerned, Thanx error777 for explaining the gestures..I really appreciate it! :)

I ll get going with the eyes now & update it asap! :thumbsup:

harmonic01
12-02-2005, 05:54 PM
Hey Moush

Good animation. :) the only thing I'd like to suggest is ovset some things. Don't have things come to a stop at the same time. Allot of times the arms stop together in sync. Ofset that, make one stop sooner than the other.

Also there are times where most of the body is completely still (aside from the head). There should be some movement just to get pixels playing so it feels more alive. Like right before "you have to know what they want" maybe he could go up just a tad before going down in to anticipation for the pose on "want".

Otherwise, really good. I like the acting, I think it goes with the dialog pretty well. :) Great job. :thumbsup:

moush
12-03-2005, 10:16 AM
Thanx I ll look into that!

splintah
12-03-2005, 04:35 PM
i do not think the animation is bad at all

interesting to see a lipsync with the lowman
i should try that one too

i think it can be improoved a little
but i cant really say where - too tired to check it in detail
overall - cool :thumbsup:

moush
12-04-2005, 07:38 AM
i think it can be improoved a little
but i cant really say where - too tired to check it in detail

Hey waitin for your comments....! :)

aleksandar
12-05-2005, 09:51 AM
Nice lipsync, and very good animation. You could defenitly make him open the eyes a little wider sometimes, and look around little more.

Great job!

moush
12-06-2005, 02:49 PM
Yup will do...!

CGTalk Moderation
12-06-2005, 02:49 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.