PDA

View Full Version : Image viewer plugin?

Snorkledorf
11-30-2005, 06:31 AM
Hi all!

I have vague recollection of somebody asking on a C4D forum about the ability to have multiple images saved in the Image Viewer -- the most recent render, the previous render, etc. Similar to what LightWave has (one of the vanishingly few areas where LW's interface actually surpasses C4D's...)

In response, somebody mentioned some plugin that implemented a separate image-viewer-like display as an acceptable workaround. As I only want to have some image reference available for modeling (that doesn't get wiped out every time I do a test render) this is probably good enough for me.

But after looking around a bit, I still have no idea what it was named or who made it. Or even if it was shareware or whatware. Anybody care to refresh my memory?

Thanks!

Pres

tcastudios
11-30-2005, 11:37 AM
It is most likely the 10comm suit by www.tools4d.com you are thinking of.
It includes a couple a ways to keep renders in view.(Plus lots more goodies)

Cheers
Lennart

JoelOtron
11-30-2005, 03:02 PM
There was a thread on this subject awhile ago. I would suggest it to MAxon as a new feature--having a a reference clipboard/image viewer with more than one page would be great. Some were als sufggesting a web browser format for such a feature.

I open ref files in the picture viewer (as you do) and am just careful not to render to the PV while I need the ref. I also sometimes map ref images onto a plane, turning up the image res so its crystal clear. Usually works fine.

CGTalk Moderation
11-30-2005, 03:02 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.