PDA

View Full Version : Working with multiple windows/canvases

Knilblink
11-29-2005, 10:25 PM
I'm wondering if there's a preference I can activate so that my reference image can be set to always appear on top while I'm actually painting on another canvas in Corel Painter 8. It sounds easy and basic enough, but I haven't found the feature yet. I'll continue searching for the feature, just thought I'd drop a new thread on CGTalk's Painter forums to speed up the process or to post my findings on just in-case others are interested.

Cheers!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v654/fnailsarepretty/Background_Image.jpg

Jinbrown
11-30-2005, 12:18 AM
Hi,

Nope, the active image window is always in front.

Try this to see if it helps:

Copy and paste a small version of your reference image onto your working image as a Layer and keep that Layer at the top of the Layers list so it will always be in front of your painting.

Knilblink
11-30-2005, 05:19 AM
Thanks for the quick response Jin!

I wasn't terribly suprised by the answer nor dissapointed, copying the image into the corner of my canvas should work pretty well and won't be terribly hard to move about if I want to get a better look at any particular corner it blocks. Thanks again, I really appreciate the general willingness to help in the CGTalk community, the Painter forums are no exception!

Jinbrown
11-30-2005, 07:57 PM
You're welcome! :)

CGTalk Moderation
11-30-2005, 07:57 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.