PDA

View Full Version : Motion Trail

oneczech
11-29-2005, 04:29 PM
Hi there,

I'm wondering about how to render motion blur but rather that kind which looks like an object leaves a blured trail behind itself for couple frames. The effect is kind of like when a photographer takes a photo of the highway at night with camera being open long enough to capture the light trails. Though I would like to know how to set up the camera to be able to do this with lights also, how could I set the motion blur to capture the motion path of an object just like with the lights. ??? I think you know what I mean ... could you, please, help me understand this issue using Maya 6?

thank you

McWolfe
11-29-2005, 11:01 PM
One way to do this could be to use particle systems. Make either the whole object an emitter, or parent emitters to the lights (as an example). Give the particles 0 speed etc, give them a nice shader and a lifespan. With some tweaking that could give really good examples.

McWolfe

oneczech
11-30-2005, 09:34 AM
right .. that sounds like particle emiter could work.

As far as using only the camera, how would you set up the camera to record the motion in a way that it makes an impression of really fast motion. Now I'm talking about getting as close to what I have discribed yesterday as possible only using the camera alone to speed up the set up ... let say you have a character that spins really fast and you want it to look like almost a tornado spinning ... in 2D you just draw it .. in 3D it the dynamic set up the only way????

thank you

CGTalk Moderation
11-30-2005, 09:34 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.