View Full Version : The Duel

Riccard
11-29-2005, 05:09 PM
Removed - Added image into the 2D Finished Work Forum Instead
Link : http://forums.cgsociety.org/showthread.php?t=307871

Title: The Duel
Name: Riccard Linde
Software: Photoshop

I've not drawn anything for a long time so I thought I'll start with something fairly easy again. Its more or less finished but not 100% polished. Yet I thought I post it here if someone had any ideas that I might have missed or what could help to bring up the emotional part in the image further.

lanternkid
11-30-2005, 05:45 AM
Yikes, freaky. I like how you've done the carriage and the clothes look very convincing, but I find it a bit confusing visually since the man looks a lot blurrier than the grass he is lying on...

Somhairle
11-30-2005, 06:01 AM
wow Riccard! I love your background art. the trees and rocks are excellent! I REALLY love the way you brought back the highlights between the trees on the right. I also like the idea of the looming shadow on the main character. he needs more work and the horse also.

create stronger highlights on the main character with more contrast. his shadows needs to fall away to the upper left more.

the sword looks like its stuck through him and about a foot into the ground. so it needs to be a bit longer IMHO.

- Sam

AliceMarie
11-30-2005, 06:20 AM
Wow! nice work!

I like how you used the other person's shadow across the central character to give us an understanding of what has just happened, the title aside.

Somhairle makes excellent suggestions already, so I'll just add a bit. The only thing is the light coming from the back of the treeline is a little distracting, and competes with where the focus should be; you may just want to lower the contrast on that back area a bit. (Or it may just be me, since everyone has slightly different monitor calibrations. Which I think I've figured out, but I'm not entirely sure. So.)

Noiram
11-30-2005, 06:22 PM
Riccard I love the textures that you have created in this piece.

Watch your proportions on the horse and a few of your elipses.

Riccard
12-01-2005, 11:09 PM
Thanks you all for your input and feedback, I agree with most of it.
I see that the wheels, horse back and some other technical 'faults' in the image, I just got bored with polishing after 1 week of work on it after my normal job hours. :/

Yet, it sounds like I managed to achive the main emotional purpose with the image, small technical faults aside. After all it was over 4 years since I did anything even close to this large.

Composition and expressions are ok then?
Then I'll call it done! And I'll move on to something more advanced.

Thank you all.
/Riccard

CGTalk Moderation
12-01-2005, 11:09 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.