PDA

View Full Version : Dungeon Siege Trailer onLine!

Solothores
11-29-2005, 04:11 PM
Finally, the long awaited trailer to the upcoming blockbuster Dungeon Siege, directed by Uwe the Boll.

Quicktime Versions:

Direct Link (27MB) (http://www.fantasticfilmsinternational.com/films/king.mov)
Zip File (26MB) (http://www.thecrazyhunters.de/downloads/files/Dungeon_Siege@TcH.zip)

A comment to set things fair against boll: effects are not yet finished, since the movie is still in post-production, keep that in mind while watching.

Enjoy.

Cheers
Solo

Creed
11-29-2005, 08:02 PM
Before this day, I knew nothing of Dungeon Siege or Uwe Boll, so my first impressions
are quite honest. This has got to be the ***** ***** ** **** ***** ever.

What are these people thinking these days. Burt Reynolds as the Noble King?
Give me 60 million to make a movie, and I'll shoot my grass growing in the backyard.

FloydBishop
11-29-2005, 08:13 PM
http://www.sptimes.com/2003/04/10/photos/wk-vid-SMOKEY.jpg

Burt Reynolds is a fine actor. I'm being serious. Ever see "Smokey and the Bandit"? Go rent it.

Trenox
11-29-2005, 08:20 PM
I cant make myself watch that trailer.. seriously.

But the good thing about this movie being expensive is that when this flick tanks at the boxoffice it can maybe put an end to this farce..

General Midi
11-29-2005, 09:59 PM
Well I'm fine with Burt being a king.
All looks cool sofar, great actors involved etc.
I hope they won't forget to put a storyline in it this time. (hmm haven't played DS2 though, but can you blame me after DS1?)

Creed
11-29-2005, 10:00 PM
http://www.sptimes.com/2003/04/10/photos/wk-vid-SMOKEY.jpg

Burt Reynolds is a fine actor. I'm being serious. Ever see "Smokey and the Bandit"? Go rent it.

The Burt Reynolds of today, imho, is an arrogant macho man prick.
This movie is totally mis-casted. Actors were brought together by money, not talent.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0460780/
Jason Statham (Transporter guy), Matthew Lillard (WTF? Scooby Doo), Burt Reynolds,
Ronald Perlman (Hellboy?), John Rhys-Davies (Indiana Jones sidekick), Ray Liotta,
Leelee Sobieski, come on you got to be kidding...Who the heck put this mismatched crew together?

Maybe this might work for late nite Sci-Fi TV show, but a blockbuster movie? No way.

General Midi
11-29-2005, 10:36 PM
agree, it's not much of a casting at all. Just famous faces to attract public.
I just like the acting of Ronald Perlman & John Rhys-Davies. And Leelee. ;)

Tonedef
11-30-2005, 12:49 AM
Ugh Uwe Boll...why hasn't he been knocked off yet??? How the hell does he get the rights let alone the actors?!??! I won't even try to watch that trailer...no matter what it is going to be crap.

chrisWhite
11-30-2005, 01:05 AM
Huh? I guess I know nothing about Dungeon Siege, but was it just me or was that a Monty Python cheesy version of Lord of the Rings with a quarter the budget? :shrug:

CIM
11-30-2005, 02:07 AM
Making a movie based on a generic, boring, tedious game. :rolleyes:

Peddy
11-30-2005, 02:28 AM
Huh? I guess I know nothing about Dungeon Siege, but was it just me or was that a Monty Python cheesy version of Lord of the Rings with a quarter the budget? :shrug:

Sounds better already!

animateddave
11-30-2005, 02:41 AM
Making a movie based on a generic, boring, tedious game. :rolleyes:

Well they are making a halo movie so it won't be alone in that catagory.

RobertoOrtiz
11-30-2005, 02:59 AM
Hummm tasty, I wonder how the scenery tasted. Good God all those actors chewed right throught the scenery!

....and whats up with the ninjas?
-R

GregRinaldi
11-30-2005, 03:30 AM
Wow.

That was one of the most intensely unsatisfying trailers I've ever seen.

The casting agent on this film should be flayed.

The saddest part is that most of the lines are delivered with unyeilding apathy. If the actors themselves are that jaded, what sort of reaction can you expect from an audience?

Uwe Boll is a viral pandemic.

pogonip
11-30-2005, 03:57 AM
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO...............................

http://www.domestikalien.com/archives/imagenes/vader.jpg

motoxpress
11-30-2005, 05:48 AM
Words fail me....It's wrong on so many levels.

I am just sad to see so many good actors get caught up in this mess.

-gl

rebo
11-30-2005, 06:42 AM
Wow this looks like its going to be worse than Van Helsing. Thats some achievement.

de_tomato
11-30-2005, 06:55 AM
woww.. u guys make it sound so bad that i really need to watch it.

hmm.. Burt Reynolds.. almost forgot bout that guy. Who knows.. last years we had Clint Eastwood. So whos next?

BarryRIT
11-30-2005, 07:31 AM
Wow this looks like its going to be worse than Van Helsing. Thats some achievement.

indeeeed.

But at least it has to be better than Dungeon's and Dragons, right?.....I mean, it can't be as bad as that, can it?

jussing
11-30-2005, 07:44 AM
Did I just see a trailer for a medieval/fantasy movie with Jason Statham??? :surprised

I don't think the casting is wrong, per se, it's good to see someone being brave. It's just that none of the actors look like they belong in the universe, and the whole trailer-titlecard thingy looked like something from a Star Wars fan trailer...

It was pretty high on production values, though.... maybe some grading and good editing can make it entertaining?

- Jonas

ThE_JacO
11-30-2005, 07:50 AM
I'll never be able to forgive Boll for raping Alone in the dark (one of the very few true genre defining games in history), and if there was material for an astounding movie in AitD and yet he screwed it up, I can't possibly see how ANYTHING good could come out of the tie-in of a game that was hack&slash, pretentious, boring and repetitive in first place.

I'd rather staple my feet to my ears and chew on blutac with glass shards in it rather then see this movie.

rebo
11-30-2005, 07:58 AM
Check the poster out, I didnt know it was possible to act badly in a photo. Just look at their expressions:D.

http://img.engadget.com/common/images/3060000000051310.JPG

gardogg
11-30-2005, 08:35 AM
Rebo, ROFL. Good one! I agree, the cover does look goofy.

P_T
11-30-2005, 10:40 AM
medieval fantasy movie with kungfu fighting? wtf... granted I never played the games but c'mon... that looks so out of place...

slaughters
11-30-2005, 01:09 PM
Burt Reynolds did a good job in his early movies. Check out "Deliverance" and the original "Longest Yard" if you have not already seen them. I'm told he also did a good job more recently in "Boogie Nights", but I haven't seen that myself.

As for the Movie Poster, the expressions on everyones faces (except for the guy from "Transporter") make it look more like a comedy than a fantasy movie.

anibal187
11-30-2005, 07:41 PM
Check the poster out, I didnt know it was possible to act badly in a photo. Just look at their expressions
Yeah, everybody is like "I'm just gonna make a face, then you take the picture and after that you tell me about this movie we are making, all right?

Marc-OlivierBouchard
11-30-2005, 08:05 PM
A character with a shaved head and a goatee makes me like 1998 all over again.
Not quite Middle Age, aren't we.

Leebre
11-30-2005, 08:28 PM
This is easily the most bizarre thing I've seen in a while. How is it possible that absolutely every aspect of this film feels out of place? None of it looks right. The baddies look like boring LOTR knock-offs. Burt Reynolds as the king is wrong on so many levels. Ray Liotta's character is about as evil and threatening as my 5 year old daughter. And the movie poster...yikes.

DorkmanScott
12-01-2005, 01:16 AM
I actually didn't think this was too bad initially. Then it kept going. And going.

Damn, if the trailer rambles incoherently like this, what must the film be like?

It looks like he has a competent enough cinematographer, and even stunt coordinator. The failing is clearly his.

aaron111
12-01-2005, 02:58 AM
Hilarious.

Best line: "You have no idea of the power of madness!!"

I guess that sums up how this movie got made.

leigh
12-01-2005, 03:33 AM
Wow that was awful.

darktding
12-01-2005, 04:46 AM
oh man the trailer reminds me of home star runner's peasant quest (http://www.homestarrunner.com/filmstyle.html)

Geta-Ve
12-01-2005, 06:30 AM
Hilarious.

Best line: "You have no idea of the power of madness!!"

I guess that sums up how this movie got made.

lol! :D Ya This movie is... something else alright.. I am guessing they are hoping effects will save their sorry acting abilities

A. Wright
12-01-2005, 09:46 AM
Just watching that and I got embarassed.

Boone
12-01-2005, 06:44 PM
Why the pain...why the sacrifice? They won't ever know the hardship of those of us left behind... :argh:

Lunatique
12-02-2005, 06:17 AM
Check the poster out, I didnt know it was possible to act badly in a photo. Just look at their expressions:D.

http://img.engadget.com/common/images/3060000000051310.JPG

My GOD, that poster is atrocious! All the characters have different lightings on them, and are just cut & pasted together! And that sword as a divider... :eek: One of the worst movie posters I've seen in a very, very long time.

leuey
12-02-2005, 07:13 AM
It's like Montey Python's The Holy Grail without the funny part.

(i like 'Transporter Guy' - but typecast actors as a king and evil wizard (or whatever the hell Ray Liota was) - it's like a bad SNL skit.

Hilarious....and I thought Doom was bad....

-Greg

Spater
12-02-2005, 07:38 AM
JASON STATHAM! NOOOOOOOOOOoooooooooooooooooooo!
not even his ass-kickery can make this any good... :sad:

CGTalk Moderation
12-02-2005, 07:38 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.