PDA

View Full Version : Lip setup problem - twisting bones

AlexK
11-29-2005, 12:54 PM
Hi guys,

I am doing a facial setup right now and I have major problems with the lip. I made the lip all muscle bones and when I try moving them, they twist like hell!!

I have done lip setups before, but never had this issue. Any ideas what might be wrong?

I have attached a stripped down version where I left some bones visible for you to try out. Those are the bones and one null where it is the most obvious, but the others twist alike.
pantherRigging_LipTwist.mpj (http://babylondreams.de/transferstuff/messiah/pantherRigging_LipTwist.mpj)

I really hope someone looks at the mpj and is able to help me out here.

DMack
11-29-2005, 02:05 PM
Not sure if this helps or why it works but I went into setup mode and twisted the 'Panther_LowerLipMuscle2L' by 180 on heading. Then when I moved it up and down on Y, it didn't seem to spin as it does in your original set-up. Give it a go and let me know if this is solving the issue you have.

David

AlexK
11-30-2005, 03:40 PM
Hi David,

sorry for me not replying. I didn't have time to check yet. I have a more pressing matter to attend to right now. But hopefully I get to it tomorrow.

But thanks for your suggestion. VERY much appreciated. :thumbsup: I will definitely test it out!

AlexK
12-02-2005, 07:08 AM
It worked. :thumbsup:
It was completely my mistake. I misread the docs. :wip:
I thought the "auto length" button also adjusts the orientation. So I didn't orient my bones and bam everything went funky. Stupid.

But thanks David for pointing this out.

CGTalk Moderation
12-02-2005, 07:08 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.