PDA

View Full Version : Where do you alter the Hardness/Softness of a brush?

White Knight
11-29-2005, 01:52 PM
Where do you alter the Hardness/Softness of a brush? (as in Photoshop)

ThePumpkinKing
11-29-2005, 02:13 PM
Okay, I don't have painter yet myself, so I don't know, but you could have just put all your questions in one thread. Or better yet READ THE GOD DAMNED MANUAL!!

Ha, just kidding, I've just always wanted to say that to someone. :) Try experimenting with the pressure settings on your tablet, if your using one. That seems to be pretty universal for painting packages in regard to adjusting hardness or softness. Best of Luck on Future Endeavors.

White Knight
11-29-2005, 03:05 PM
Okay, I don't have painter yet myself, so I don't know, but you could have just put all your questions in one thread. Or better yet READ THE GOD DAMNED MANUAL!!

Ha, just kidding, I've just always wanted to say that to someone. :) Try experimenting with the pressure settings on your tablet, if your using one. That seems to be pretty universal for painting packages in regard to adjusting hardness or softness. Best of Luck on Future Endeavors.

Ehrm, yeah and one could wait until ones' deathbed and put all life's question in one single thread as well...
Jeez...These thread-savers never stop to amaze me... It's not like someone dies for every new thread started.

The tablet-preassure usually affects the Opacity/Size rather than the Soft/Hardness of a brush... (i.e. the "blurredness" of the brushe's edges).

Jinbrown
11-29-2005, 07:34 PM
Read the following:

Painter IX Help > Help Topics > Contents tab > Customizing Brushes

On the right panel, click the link named "Managing Settings and Controls".

On the next page, scroll down and read the section named "Size Control".

After you've read that section, open a white Canvas, choose black as your Main Color, choose, for instance, the Pen's Flat Color variant and begin experimenting with the Brush Controls' Size palette controls. Paint brushstrokes each time you make brush control adjustments to see what effect these brush controls have.

Again, test all of the brush variants in the default Painter IX Painter Brushes library and you'll find answers to many of your questions.

White Knight
12-01-2005, 01:02 PM
Jin, you're a diamond!

Yes I guess I'll better trudge through that chapter once again :)

White Knight
12-01-2005, 03:21 PM
By the way Jin, here's the little trial-piece I've been working on while asking you all the questions. I just declared it done today :)

http://www.miracles-inc.com/Html/2DArt/Breakfast-is-served.html

Jinbrown
12-02-2005, 01:00 AM
Hi White,

Neat painting!

Beautiful website that I'll have to spend time viewing later. Did you draw the background image? It's lovely.

Thanks for sharing.

White Knight
12-02-2005, 07:46 AM
Hi White,

Neat painting!

Beautiful website that I'll have to spend time viewing later. Did you draw the background image? It's lovely.

Thanks for sharing.

I'm glad you like it. Yes I made the background which took far too much time to make. But I'm also happy with it. =)

ThePumpkinKing
12-12-2005, 02:07 PM
Ehrm, yeah and one could wait until ones' deathbed and put all life's question in one single thread as well...
Jeez...These thread-savers never stop to amaze me... It's not like someone dies for every new thread started.

The tablet-preassure usually affects the Opacity/Size rather than the Soft/Hardness of a brush... (i.e. the "blurredness" of the brushe's edges).

I was kidding....I said I was kidding...I explained why I was kidding...So why am I a thread saver?

CGTalk Moderation
12-12-2005, 02:07 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.