PDA

View Full Version : sea creature

cerreto
02-27-2002, 03:58 PM
just started this a lil bit ago tonight but havent posted in a while long ways to go just a sketch now http://alshaheen.net/artists/cerreto/fish.jpg

captain GUNDAM
02-27-2002, 07:01 PM
i think the model is awful.
have'nt seen the sketch, but if it does look like your sketch, then the sketch is awful to.
redesign and start modeling again.

Flynn
02-27-2002, 07:10 PM
I disagree.

I think the model is solid, and if the texures are done right you will have a cool looking sea monster.

I would like to see it in perspective tho..

good work!

vfxmatt
02-27-2002, 07:19 PM
its ok just needs a bit of work on the modeling and texturing ,obviously not a final product.like the honesty captain Gundam

captain GUNDAM
02-27-2002, 07:28 PM
sorry, im a real bastard

quote " anyone can say something is awful just for the sake of it "

why is there a cd rack in his neck, it steals from the organic design of a living creature, especially a sea creature.
how does this creature substantiate a diet nutritious enough to nurture its massive body when it cant chew due to the deformation of the teeth.
the nostrils belong to land dwelling mammals, it has gills - is it so he can be trendy and get nostril piersings if so desired?

are those cloenges on the side of his head or are they infact ear cavities? sea animals as large as this would almost definetely live in deep ocean and not require developed auditory glands - they use sonar.

tooth ratio to body mass ratio is unrealistic.if he lost teeth in a carniverous frenzy he would most certainly die as he has no backups. ( a shark, croc, dino have many teeth )

to FLYNN
you are most certainly correct. if the creature was textured to blend seemlessly with the background then he would look fine.

cerreto
02-27-2002, 07:30 PM
http://alshaheen.net/artists/cerreto/fishbody.jpg

I love feedback even if its just someone saying it sucks ! lol i would like to get a lil more reasoning though saying you think something sucks gives me lil to go on ;) it its only a hour or so old and will still go through alot of change since im just experimenting i think i will stay with it and see where it goes heres a body shot though its nothing great

vfxmatt
02-27-2002, 07:31 PM
id have to agree with you gundam it does have alot of flaws in its initial design

cerreto
02-27-2002, 07:35 PM
i see we posted at the same time thanks for clarification , as for the nostrils i couldnt rememeber or not when making if sharks had nostrils for some reason i was thinking they did so that helps ! teeth were a temporary stand in and i was thinking of makeing the creature a surface creatur not land dwelling but dinosarish but your feed back gives me thought to develop further

Thanks

captain GUNDAM
02-27-2002, 07:48 PM
i was'nt trying to be a s***

its just how i would have crited myself personally had it been my work.
i think your avatar is great though, thats what i call a rad skull.great characterisation.
anyway good luck with the rest of your monster, hope it turns out well.

tip : when texturing - start with bumps, then paint the colour, it'll save alot of work and the bump will give all the detail you need. when doing the colour just spray out at least 40 diff. hues of a colour ( maybe even use previously done bmp as grundge layer - thats how the cave troll in LOTR was done.

p.s. why don't you name your seamonster the ' the sea griffin'

Matt_Forcum
02-27-2002, 09:08 PM
I wouldnt listen to Gundam. After all, He is just another one of those Giant anime Robot loving a$$es. Your design is nice, he does need some polishing to get him to the great state.

Hey Gundam, do you do anything of your own? Why dont you put it on your avitar?

JoBbE
02-27-2002, 10:28 PM
cool model cerreto! reminds me of those biig fishes in ep I :D

Gilgamesh
02-28-2002, 12:57 AM
Hey I think it looks great. It's obviously not ultra-realistic because it doesn't actually exist. What is cg for if not creating the unimagineable? Anyway, the design looks intruguing, the musculature is convincing enough, and overall the thing looks awesome. It can be good to get some harsh criticism, but everyone is going to have a different opinion and you don't have to listen to everyone. In fact, don't listen to me.

Vinsoviet
02-28-2002, 01:06 AM
Well I like it. Get rid of the gills and develop some bad ass neck muscular structure. I think he should be an air breather anyway. The head structure is cool, not realistic, but so what. I see potential for arnold/pitbull style muscle definition. Make his ass intimidating!

Matt_Forcum
02-28-2002, 01:18 AM
are you kidding!!! keep the Gills! thats the best part! i would just be careful where you put them cause youve got two sets now....id like to see a line of 6 or 8 down the lenght of the neck.

post updates!

CGTalk Moderation
01-13-2006, 01:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.