PDA

View Full Version : photoshop + wacom -> eraser won't work :(

SFR75
11-27-2005, 06:46 PM
For some reason my photoshop doesn't detect the stylus in ereaser mode. There are no
mechanical problems with the tablet - both ends of the stylus work fine. It's just that
photoshop doesn't switch between pen and eraser. This is extremely annoying as you might guess, so I'm asking for your assistance. I checked the driver settings and photoshop settings - I can't find the settings that correspond to this eraser-pen switch. Any help is appreciated.

Spec: Photoshop 7.0, Wacom Intuos A5, WinXP, latest wacom driver.

berniebernie
11-27-2005, 11:24 PM
I've got a pretty similar config, and I happen to have the same problems now and then.

When you flip your stylus in eraser mode, select the eraser tool in the PS toolbar and see if by changing the options you can make things work.

My eraser sometimes acts as a second brush (ie different color settings, size and shape).. it's really frustrating and I'm sure it's a stupid option that has to be checked/unchecked somewhere...

bumskee
11-27-2005, 11:41 PM
It used to be like that for me, once in a while it wouldn't switch or switch back. I sort of don't use it anymore. Just hit "e" and "b" to switch between two tools. mlkdesign is probably right, something really tiny somewhere.

Monk2
11-29-2005, 07:58 PM
Well like Bumskee pointed out, flipping back and forth between eraser and brush with the hotkeys is a lot easier. Unless you can flip your pen over with one hand in a split second, I suggest the hotkeys. Much less hassle.

Matt_Forcum
03-28-2006, 11:37 PM
Yeah, I just got mine today and my eraser isn't working with Photoshop either. However another Wacom we got today for another artist in the office is working fine with photoshop.

Does anyone know where the box that is left un-checked is? Or is this a general bug that happens with the tool?

thanks!
-Matt

CGTalk Moderation
03-28-2006, 11:37 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.