PDA

View Full Version : Character WIP - light effects question

Just
02-27-2002, 02:29 PM
My first post here, so hello for everybody :)
I'm working on my first human character model for Q3 engine and I'd like to know if it's possible to achieve light effect by directly paint specify color (color range) on texture. By "light" I mean that shadows from other object will not affect this area so he'll shine like Xmas Tree all the time (something like on the picture)
Cheers
Just

HarlequiN
02-28-2002, 07:33 AM
The result you'll be after is acheived through the use of shader scripts that the Q3 Engine interprets into Open GL commands.

There's a full description of some of the uses of shaders, and some of the techniques best utilised to make them on my site - you should find the link in my signature below.

Be waned though, shaders are fairly complicated if you've never encountered them before, but are almost always worth the effort in learning how to do them - especially as it's likely they'll be used by other engines in the future.

Nice Texture BTW. :)

Just
02-28-2002, 12:57 PM
Thanks Harlequin :)
I'm now visiting Your site (it's great!) and think I'll find here everything needed to achieve this and other effects.

Cheers
Just

CGTalk Moderation
01-13-2006, 01:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.