PDA

View Full Version : Pinning tippy toes

frodog
11-27-2005, 08:40 AM
Hi, I am new to motion builder.

How do you pin the very tips of the toes so that they don't move?

I know that the standard control rig doesn't have an effector to control the very tips of the toes.

But you can actually make a toe effector by adding an additional bone, so that now my foot rig has an "ankle effector," "ball of foot effector," and "tippy toe effector" (my names).

But pinning the translation of the "tippy toe effector" doesn't stop the tip toes from moving around, as pinning the "ankle effector" or "ball of foot effector" stops their respective parts of the foot from moving around.

Is there any way to easily pin the translation of the very tips of the toes? I prefer not to use auxiliary effectors or the reverse foot setup (I like using the automatic floor contact detection).

Thanks in advance for your help!

johngr
12-10-2005, 03:37 PM
Sorry, the only way I know how to do this is to use the reverse foot setup

hanger102
12-10-2005, 08:35 PM
The best way to do it is actually characterize your character with toes. That way they have effectors for the toes. Just like fingers if you don't characterize them the character controls for them will not show up. Once you see the toes you could pin T or R just like other parts. Hope this helps.

frodog
12-18-2005, 02:54 AM
But like I said, pinning the T of the very tips of the toes (the very last effector, not the "ball of foot" effector), doesn't keep the tips of the toes from moving around.

In other words, pinning the T of the very tips of the toes seems to have no effect.

CGTalk Moderation
12-18-2005, 02:54 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.