PDA

View Full Version : Bones not deforming>

kennez
11-26-2005, 07:57 PM
I've just come back to Messiah after a while doing other things, and have encountered a strange issue that I haven't seen before - the bones are not doforming the mesh in the rig I have just started setting up.

First, I have followed the basic premise from Joe's Rigging 2 CD (add the Bone Deform, add the hips and set te slip to 1, ann a transform null, add spine bones and parent them to the null). I then added the arm and leg (not putting in the muscle bones or setting up IK just yet.
I then added a tail that is parented to the hips.

Going into te animate tab, I select the bones and rotate them in all three axes, and nothing happens. The bones move, but the mesh does not deform.

As I said, I haven't added IK or any expressions or anything yet, so there is not mush that can be going wrong, but something clearly is.

Any ideas?

dOMINUSMess
11-26-2005, 08:41 PM
Hi kennez,

I'm a total noob (also doing Joe's tuts at the moment), so I do'nt know much yet, but a question: did you add the bone deform to the mesh you're trying to deform ?
(Have yet to gain experience with the different parenting possibilities myself before I could answer questions like yours with certainty.)

Forgive me if it's a stupid question, but somehow I feel that when the bones are not deforming any mesh in animate, that the bones somehow are not parented to the mesh.
That's the only possibility that comes to my mind right now.
Hope it helps.

CGTalk Moderation
11-26-2005, 08:42 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.