PDA

View Full Version : Bone marrow texture/material advice

soccerrprp
11-26-2005, 05:02 PM
Hey gang!

I'm currently working on a project that requires some visualization of the internal structure of a bone. I'm trying to get a really nice (realistic) texture or material of the spongy internal marrow of the bone to create the internal portion of the bone. Does anyone know of where or how I can create one? I found a nice image (attached) and would like to know if I should just create a hi-res image and use it as a material or if there is another, better method of creating the spongy bone look?

This will be used on 3D model.

THanks!

.:ZRDwD:.
11-28-2005, 02:42 PM
I'm not being a smart-ass or anything, but have you tried to make a brush using a pic of a sponge? Or, mixing a few pix together, like a cavern-lava rock-or sinewy matter?

soccerrprp
12-09-2005, 02:39 PM
I'm not being a smart-ass or anything, but have you tried to make a brush using a pic of a sponge? Or, mixing a few pix together, like a cavern-lava rock-or sinewy matter?

Hey, ZRDwD

You have good ideas there. I appreciate your help! Sometimes the simple things escape me.

Richard

CGTalk Moderation
12-09-2005, 02:39 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.