PDA

View Full Version : New CARS teaser UPDATE now with INTERNATIONAL Trailer (More footage)

Bsmith
11-26-2005, 04:02 AM
http://www.apple.com/trailers/disney/cars/hd/

Mod edit:

Here is the INTERNATIONAL trailer with a TON of more footage.

http://www.moviezone.cz/stuff/carstrailer.mov

-R

ivanisavich
11-26-2005, 04:36 AM
Ahhh!!! I love it :D

This film looks like it's going to be beautiful! I cannot wait!

Shaderhacker
11-26-2005, 04:56 AM
The image quality in that trailer looks astounding!! :thumbsup:

I can't say I'm interested in the story or presentation though.. :sad: Then again, I don't really know much about the story...

-M

Bsmith
11-26-2005, 05:15 AM
I agree...the other previews didn't really do anything for me...but for some reason (even tho its shorter and tells nothing) this has gotten me a little more excited for it.

Mysterious X
11-26-2005, 05:22 AM
haha ! I love the hippi car !!..this looks really nice and way much better than their first trailer..it looks promising !

Per-Anders
11-26-2005, 05:44 AM
looks great! i think this trailer/teaser has finally hit the right spot :)

pichoo
11-26-2005, 05:50 AM
can someone give a direct link for the movie to be downloaded. I dont have a quicktime pro, it asked for it when I tried to save as.

Either the medium or HD size.

nubian
11-26-2005, 05:51 AM
man i cannot wait.
isn't this the last production by pixar for disney?

anibal187
11-26-2005, 06:18 AM
Looks amazing! I love the material on the hood of the car where the Cars logo is.

TopherMartini
11-26-2005, 06:26 AM
Dude.... I am SOOOO there! :thumbsup:

As soon as they start selling the merchandise it will be all over my desk at work :buttrock:

ajsfuxor
11-26-2005, 06:53 AM
The lighting looks amazing! some of those outdoor scenes look great. I agree, not overly interested in the story though.

GallenWolf
11-26-2005, 06:56 AM
Wonder what's the story like. Right now, I'm only getting good vibes from the cgi.. :sad:

TopherMartini
11-26-2005, 07:04 AM
Wonder what's the story like. Right now, I'm only getting good vibes from the cgi.. :sad:
Based on track record alone, there's nothing to worry about on this one :thumbsup:

jig
11-26-2005, 07:15 AM
did anyone catch what the towing truck said at the last bit?

Geta-Ve
11-26-2005, 07:38 AM
go to 12 or 13 seconds in and tell me what the mountain to the left looks like :D

umfridus
11-26-2005, 07:41 AM
can someone give a direct link for the movie to be downloaded. I dont have a quicktime pro, it asked for it when I tried to save as.

Either the medium or HD size.
There you go::)
http://www.filefactory.com/get/f.php?f=9d4a482f751f7e551777e36b (720p, 41.8M)

pichoo
11-26-2005, 08:13 AM
There you go::)
http://www.filefactory.com/get/f.php?f=9d4a482f751f7e551777e36b (720p, 41.8M)

SheepFactory
11-26-2005, 09:13 AM
that was beautiful :eek:

Per-Anders
11-26-2005, 09:40 AM
go to 12 or 13 seconds in and tell me what the mountain to the left looks like :D

dunno, looks like it could be a part of a car, but did notice the rather odd looking mountains in the background that look like thunderbird/muscle car tailgtes :D

just watched through it again, those are some truly beautiful renders. and to go against most eveyrone else, i actually quite like the pickup truck character, it looks like it will be the most expressive animation wise and personality driven character in there (which is something I like).

DaJuice
11-26-2005, 10:19 AM
Thanks for that link Umfridus. And good gawd this film is beautiful to look at!

Breinmeester
11-26-2005, 10:37 AM
Ha, like it! Better then the earlier stuff! I'm not worried about the story stuff. It's Pixar and I trust them to deliver a very keen plot.
I wasn't as annoied by the tow truck character as the rest of us before, but I really didn't catch what he said there, even after listening hard a few times. Might cause a problem....

baby
11-26-2005, 11:19 AM
watching those new trailers in HD is relly a renew of the internet experience...

I still have some trouble with the car although it seems I'm getting used to their look...I guess that's why they will show us more and more so we can get rid of this weird impression and totally be accepting the look when the movie is out...

and anyway as I trust 200% J L sure it will rock !

paintbox
11-26-2005, 12:51 PM
This is beautiful. The looks are great. The stories' premise seems a one in a dozen, but if the content delivers (great writing, good timing, original imagery) then this movie will shine in the theaters.

I like the look of the characters, right from the start.

Crook
11-26-2005, 01:31 PM
The truck says : "I'd give my left 2 lugnuts for something like that" :)

Para
11-26-2005, 02:30 PM
Lookin' good, Pixar.

And now...the quick how-to on "How to play h.264 MPEG4 QuickTimes without QuickTime installed on Windows machines":

Step 1:
!!NOTICE!! Check bottom of this post. !!NOTICE!!
Get ffdshow and Haali Media Splitter and install both. There are several places to get both but I recommend these:
http://www.aziendeassociate.it/cd.asp?dir=/ffdshow - specially optimized builds of ffdshow. Just get the latest version.
http://haali.cs.msu.ru/mkv/ - Original homepage of Haali Media Splitter.

Step 2:
Configure ffdshow. Go Start -> Programs -> ffdshow -> Video decoder configuration and check tht on Codecs tab (the tab on top of everything) h.264 is marked to use libavcodec. Haali Media Splitter doesn't need any configuration.

Step 3:
Download the trailer of your choice and watch it with the player you like the most. The downloading is a bit tricky but by digging the page source a little one can find the .mov links which actually just command the QT player to another url which is crypted/something. This is actually how it works:

http://movies.apple.com/movies/disney/cars/cars-tsr4_1080p.mov <- this is the URL to the most high-res version of the Cars trailer but it won't work if you try to download it. Instead, add this:
http://movies.apple.com/movies/disney/cars/cars-tsr4_h1080p.mov - Yes, adding just one letter helps. If you add this specific character (h) before 480/720/1080(p/i) the link actually works as "normal" link which allows you to download the trailer. This same works with old type of trailers but with them the letter is "m" instead of "h".

Now all there is left is to open the .mov in the player. If you want to, you can rename the video file to .mp4 but that's not mandatory.

EDIT:

I just found a way to get better playback: Instead of downloading ffdshow from the link I put to Step 1, get an optimized build with experimental x264 codec from http://x264.nl/ (scroll to the bottom of the page). Otherwise what I typed earlier is still valid.

L.Rawlins
11-26-2005, 02:53 PM
Audi they do that magic? :D

Looking lovely.

Bulldog
11-26-2005, 07:26 PM
This movie would be so beautiful if only they ditched that painfully annoying redneck tow truck.

Ehanson
11-26-2005, 07:58 PM
The car formations in the rock are a reference to the famed Cadillac Ranch:

http://images.google.com/images?svnum=10&hl=en&c2coff=1&client=safari&rls=en-us&q=cadillac+ranch&spell=1

http://www.newgute.com/WildBoysRoadTrip/images/RT%208-04-01%20Cadillac%20Ranch%202-web.jpg

MarGera
11-26-2005, 08:33 PM
Just downloading the trailer now, can't wait!!

This is a must see film for me, as soon as i saw the first trailer i was hooked! And i am soooo pleased that Owen wilson does one of the vioce over, that guy is one of my best actors, he just cracks me up!!

TopherMartini
11-27-2005, 12:00 AM
This movie would be so beautiful if only they ditched that painfully annoying redneck tow truck.
Not a fan of Larry the Cable Guy?

JeroenDStout
11-27-2005, 12:11 AM
Yes, I got to agree, I like most of it, nearly all of it. But that red truck... siiiigh. :)

RockinAkin
11-27-2005, 12:26 AM
Now this trailer finally has me excited to see it... I was a bit iffy before, but now, my faith is restored.

Some gorgeous landscapes there. :drool:

FloydBishop
11-27-2005, 12:39 AM

He's actually the main thing that appeals to me in these trailers.

TetraLynx
11-27-2005, 02:36 AM
I have a lot more hope that this can be good now than I ever had before on the previous previews. I just can't stand the redneck truck. I know he's supposed to be funny but I'm from the south and we don't like rednecks here either much less some smarmy truck. In any case, I can't wait to see how the movie turns out.

xino
11-27-2005, 04:24 AM
I just can't stand the redneck truck. I know he's supposed to be funny but I'm from the south and we don't like rednecks here either much less some smarmy truck.

You're from the south and you don't know and love Larry the Cable Guy? I just find that hard to believe. I have yet to meet anyone from any walk of life who doesn't like him. Maybe I'm just lucky or something. :shrug:

Strang
11-27-2005, 04:59 AM
I just can't stand the redneck truck. I know he's supposed to be funny but I'm from the south and we don't like rednecks here either much less some smarmy truck.

its a sterotype meant to be funny. take "blue collar tv" they are the sterotype that they are making fun of and they make us laugh. it IS funny

Maverick3d
11-27-2005, 05:10 AM
Man those shots of the southwest are beautiful.

Someday I'm gonna head out there for a vacation.
Someday...

mmkelly011881
11-27-2005, 05:36 AM
now... i cant stand larry the cable guy either... but ive dug his character on each of the trailers so far

im not a fan of ellen degenerus but dory is one of my alltime favorite characters

squirpy
11-27-2005, 06:37 AM
after that, I'm much more excited about the movie. It's gorgeous.

If you look around the 41 second mark, there are clouds in the background that look like tire tracks.

I also really like the cars in the foreground of that same shot, cheering on Ferrari. That's pretty cute.

powerwave3d
11-27-2005, 01:24 PM
I myself wasn't impressed with it until I saw this last trailer. Looks wonderful and it's got me starting to be interested in the story side. Will be a definite must see.

11-27-2005, 03:05 PM
Wow, this thing looks nice...:applause:

After seeing Advent Children, I poked at Pixar for choosing to stick with the simple style. But the scenery in this teaser rocks. The mixture of realistic details and cartoony elements look great.

Haha, a VW MiniBUS!:buttrock:

agreenster
11-27-2005, 06:42 PM
Wow, looks good. Pixar just can't mess up, damnit! :D

I love all the subliminal car shapes in the landscapes and clouds

Unled
11-27-2005, 07:27 PM
You're from the south and you don't know and love Larry the Cable Guy? I just find that hard to believe. I have yet to meet anyone from any walk of life who doesn't like him. Maybe I'm just lucky or something. :shrug:

Ugh, well let me be your first. I can't stand the guy personally. His 'jokes' are pretty childish and lame.

I'm starting to get warmed up to Cars though. It definately looks better in this trailer than the earlier ones. I don't know If it's compelling enough to go see in the theater though. If I do go it'll be just for the visuals, and hopefully i'll be rewarded with a good story. This is Pixar after all.

mummey
11-27-2005, 07:45 PM
Well I feel better about this now. The desert landscapes are absolutely amazing! They remind me of when I was living in New Mexico.

RobertoOrtiz
11-28-2005, 01:36 PM
Here is the INTERNATIONAL trailer with a TON of more footage.

http://www.moviezone.cz/stuff/carstrailer.mov

-R

arvid
11-28-2005, 02:52 PM
These renders look fantastic in HD, but I still don't believe in the characters/story :hmm:

RobW720
11-28-2005, 06:36 PM
ooh that new ones even better. looks sweet

HamsaPaksham
11-28-2005, 07:14 PM
OMG, this movie is not looking like a Pixar movie.
Visually its uninteresting. Unappealing.

Well, seeing the good side of things, this movie will be a failure, and Pixar will come back to Disney.

Dennik
11-28-2005, 07:53 PM
I think people said the same about nemo. Being an animated movie with fish, which can be relatively expressionless characters. But they pulled it off being the most successfull Pixar movie up to date. I'd cut them some slack on Cars. And wait untill i see it, to post a valid opinion. :)

Kai01W
11-28-2005, 10:16 PM
I think people said the same about nemo. Being an animated movie with fish, which can be relatively expressionless characters. But they pulled it off being the most successfull Pixar movie up to date. I'd cut them some slack on Cars. And wait untill i see it, to post a valid opinion. :)

What has the success of a movie to do with ones personal valid opinion? I was rather disappointed by both nemo and the incredibles. Nemo had some really lengthy passages and visually was not really interesting, incredibles had lots of potential to be more "adult" but wasted it and became just another average family action movie, with the main difference of being animated...

Both have been very succesfull, so what?
We'll see... Maybe cars will be great again.

-k

Dennik
11-29-2005, 02:46 PM
What has the success of a movie to do with ones personal valid opinion? I was rather disappointed by both nemo and the incredibles. Nemo had some really lengthy passages and visually was not really interesting, incredibles had lots of potential to be more "adult" but wasted it and became just another average family action movie, with the main difference of being animated...

Both have been very succesfull, so what?
We'll see... Maybe cars will be great again.

-k

Oh well, it comes down to different taste i guess. I enjoyed the visuals in nemo (come on, that coral reef was stunning!) and the jokes in the incredibles which i fthought was an incredibly entertaining movie.

rcronin
11-30-2005, 01:17 AM
Looks similar to Toy Story. New, modern fast car meets old broken down toys, er...cars. They could have cast a more macho voice for lightning. Sounds like a whiner.
But much respect for Pixar who seems to be the only movie studio not making sequels.

Bsmith
11-30-2005, 01:32 AM
Looks similar to Toy Story. New, modern fast car meets old broken down toys, er...cars. They could have cast a more macho voice for lightning. Sounds like a whiner.
But much respect for Pixar who seems to be the only movie studio not making sequels.

I think that is owen wilson...who is the shit.

ReBootedOne
11-30-2005, 02:37 AM
*hugs himself and squeals happily*

-eric

ThreeDeityMike
11-30-2005, 05:41 PM
I can't say I was interested in a car movie, but I really don't know that much about the story. The more I see, the more entertaining it looks. I'm going to have to give Pixar the benifit of the doubt. They haven't let me down before so I'm starting to look forward to seeing this.

angel
12-01-2005, 03:15 AM
The international trailer is really funny.

"hijo de la... check that out!" LMAO.

btw the hd movies look amazing, if any of you haven't seen em go get 'em, beautiful images.

-

CGTalk Moderation
12-01-2005, 03:15 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.