PDA

View Full Version : The Green Knight

Sulla
11-26-2005, 01:33 AM
I have been working on this illustration of "The Green Knight" for a while now. Still lots of detials to do but you can get the idea. Please take a look at let me know if anything looks odd or out of place or just needs tweeked etc.

http://www.pwlawrence.com/temp_art/Green_Knight_Sample2.jpg

Slux
11-26-2005, 10:44 AM
Hi
I think it looks great :) lot of very nice details I like especially his cloke its painted very well. I don't see anything odd ... Good work :thumbsup:.

Sulla
11-27-2005, 12:20 PM
Just updated the above image with a newer one. Mainly just more small detials added in this one.

Taka
11-28-2005, 05:57 AM
At first i don't believe, that it is a drawed picture. :thumbsup:
I like your style, and medieval ages! Good job!

Taka
11-28-2005, 06:03 AM
Don't you want to load a tutorial into? I should like to know how do you make it!

Vertrucio
11-28-2005, 08:56 AM
Just to make sure, this is more an overpaint concept test than a real painting right?

Much of the image is quite obviously taken from a photograph, probably of a ren faire joust, with some elements painted on. That's not a problem if that's the intent. However, it's useful to us if you could mention this in the first place.

Sulla
11-28-2005, 03:24 PM
Sorry yes some parts are taken from a some of the reference photos I have taken. Parts from many different parts. Also many parts are painted from scratch. And most parts are redone also. Sorry I did not mention it as I was more asking about if anything looked out of place than if the technic was ok etc. After I am doing possibly I can post a tutorial to give an overview of how its done.

Sulla
11-28-2005, 04:09 PM
Also some things I am working on now on the images is painting a new more period shield. The one on the image is to early for the rest of the armour. The same with the helment I think. Also have many more detials such as straps, shading etc etc to add and redo.

And if any one really is interested I could post some of the reference photos.

Euphrosyne
11-28-2005, 06:33 PM
Because the piece is cut and pasted together it lacks a cohesiveness. Some parts are very detailed and textured and other parts are plain and flat looking. The blue and yellow bandages on the horses legs really jump out at you too. Now that you have it put together you could use it as a reference and paint it for real from scratch. Watch the light source too, it seems inconsistant.

Sulla
11-28-2005, 07:05 PM
Yes you are exactly right about the light sources etc. The piece is about 70% done maybe. For example the bandages will be leaving etc. But its completly pointless to paint it from scratch as time cost money and doing every detial from scratch gets you no extra points:) Oh and the cohesiveness is becouse its a WIP not becouse it uses photo elements:)

CGTalk Moderation
11-28-2005, 07:05 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.