PDA

View Full Version : Maxwell Render V1.0 Interface Shots!

Continuumx
11-25-2005, 11:38 PM
Update on Maxwell Render. Looks interesting.

http://www.maxwellrender.com/maxwellrender/images/news/imagen1.jpg

http://www.maxwellrender.com/maxwellrender/images/news/imagen2%281%29.jpg

New White Paper:

http://www.maxwellrender.com/whitepaper/index.htm

Continuumx
11-25-2005, 11:53 PM
More info on those little render previews:

victor
Site Admin
http://www.maxwellrender.com/forum/images/avatars/gallery/Avatar_pack_1/079.gif

Posted: Fri Nov 25, 2005 8:25 am

Yes, it is an GI unbiased render preview with some options to control the speed and quality.

victor
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2005 8:44 am

Previews are taking a few seconds (for simple scenes), anyway there will be ways to control speed and quality.

Continuumx
11-26-2005, 12:00 AM
This newest development is suggesting some kind of realtime previewing of placements of lights(emitter) and objects, and materials! So there will be no need for full test renders with Maxwell Render.

There is also a compass for scene direction placed in the viewport layout for exact location of the physical sun.

Ernest Burden
11-26-2005, 01:10 AM
This newest development is suggesting some kind of realtime previewing

There is also a compass for scene direction placed in the viewport layout for exact location of the physical sun.

Thank goodness for the improvement on the sun location. And that you, for pushing so hard. I made a few posts, but you've really been on the picket lines with signs, chanting.

And I guess we now know why the product is so f*ing late. They thought they needed to write a whole new app. Object lists? Tri groups? They are crazy. The plug-in using the host app to manage all that stuff was fine, they just needed to make the core more efficient. And functional.

I guess the lesson here is that those who did not learn from Lightscape are destined to repeat it.

Continuumx
11-26-2005, 01:40 AM
Thank goodness for the improvement on the sun location. And that you, for pushing so hard. I made a few posts, but you've really been on the picket lines with signs, chanting.

And I guess we now know why the product is so f*ing late. They thought they needed to write a whole new app. Object lists? Tri groups? They are crazy. The plug-in using the host app to manage all that stuff was fine, they just needed to make the core more efficient. And functional.

I guess the lesson here is that those who did not learn from Lightscape are destined to repeat it.

It looks like they are taking our wishlists and suggestions to heart. I have some agreement here with the interface, not sure why so much was needed as a lot of users have the very best in 3D interfaces built into their native programs. This one looks to have few similarities with C4DR9 and R9.5- the HUD elements, viewport selection visual cues, object axis gizmos and such.

I am going along with their need for an interface because of the exposure we get to the advanced materials editing.

Check the other post I made for how Victor describes the plugins and standalone to work. It is pretty cool, you can use this interface to design your new materials and backload them into C4D through the plugin as a material to be used in C4D. Pretty cool, different approach, I really hope they also open up the engine through the standalone so there is an advanced engine editor zone for those that want to tickle the render engine functions a bit.

lllab
11-26-2005, 10:52 AM
Man-that makes me even more happy that i had faith and just ordered a second license a few days ago at half price:-)))))

looking very good- this is the time of the renderengines-wow!

cheers
stefan

flingster
11-26-2005, 01:33 PM
thanks for uploading these Continuumx i was trying to see what was there from the whitepaper but can't get a good view..so good to see something more of a close up. certainly things have come on from last release and rc seems a dramatic additions to core part...if nl get plugin integration nailed down in next 12 months then we're gonna have a deal breaker on our hands, as its offering a light quality to its images even in its present state which just kicks imho.

Continuumx
11-26-2005, 04:44 PM
thanks for uploading these Continuumx i was trying to see what was there from the whitepaper but can't get a good view..so good to see something more of a close up. certainly things have come on from last release and rc seems a dramatic additions to core part...if nl get plugin integration nailed down in next 12 months then we're gonna have a deal breaker on our hands, as its offering a light quality to its images even in its present state which just kicks imho.

No problem, I am just as surprised when they release these things!

Another thing that Victor mentioned is that you do not have to go through the standalone interface, you only need to use it if you want to take advantage of the maxwell specific materials creation or use the faster render preview and other features etc. of the standalone.

You could very well stay in C4D the whole time and never venture into the standalone.

I see the work flow being that you have C4D open and Maxwell standalone open. You just go back and forth, adjusting materials, lighting, creation of objects, editing of objects, cinema 4D specific materials "making"; "baking" you name it. Just move back and forth to spice things up!

flingster
11-26-2005, 05:11 PM
well that will be good if the bridge between the two is stable and usable otherwise it will turn into a nightmare...if they get this transition between the two right its not likely to be a problem though.

lllab
12-01-2005, 07:23 PM
just got my new licenses for RC1- the still claim to deliver it tomorrow!

i am curious-lets see:-)

cheers
stefan

dann_stubbs
12-01-2005, 07:31 PM
just got my new licenses for RC1- the still claim to deliver it tomorrow!

i am curious-lets see:-)

yes all these new developments i broke down as well and purchased two licenses. i figure the two for one was pretty tempting - at least enough for me with some acutal progress being shown.

i'm looking forward to seeing the RC and hopefully it runs smooth enough for basic production use.

dann

BeccoUK
12-02-2005, 01:36 AM
Only hours remain for the 2nd December,2005 to be remembered through the ages as the 'Day Of RC'.

dann_stubbs
12-02-2005, 11:11 PM
Update on Maxwell Render. Looks interesting.

geez... i got all hyped up and bought two licenses especially cause it was so close to release (i purchased wednesday night) and now nothing... silence...

and now the maxwell forum is for vips only (registered users) of which i am one now though... but where the heck is it!? : )

i'm not sure how on earth they could justify any further dealy with how the past few weeks have been... anybody heard anything?

dann

vesalus
12-02-2005, 11:26 PM
dan for applying to the vip forum, check the blue text "usergroup" and apply in a short delay youshould access the forum as a vip...

for the rest, check your download link

dann_stubbs
12-03-2005, 12:12 AM
dan for applying to the vip forum, check the blue text "usergroup" and apply in a short delay youshould access the forum as a vip...

for the rest, check your download link

yeah i am registered as a VIP - what download link? are they sending out the final ones?

dann

Other3DMaster
12-03-2005, 12:16 AM
It's the same download link they sent for the beta... what really sucks, no updated plug for c4d, and only windows version of RC...

dann_stubbs
12-03-2005, 12:23 AM
It's the same download link they sent for the beta... what really sucks, no updated plug for c4d, and only windows version of RC...

ahh yeah and from looks of forum - not too smooth so far...

no maya or c4d plugin either... oh well, i guess it "might" be a decent investment someday - i am really glad i didn't buy it a year ago... i feel bad for so many who did.

more watch and see i guess,

dann

Other3DMaster
12-03-2005, 12:33 AM
Yep... just got the official email... no mac os x version until later this month.

nycL45
12-03-2005, 12:36 AM
Feel sorry for software producers, too because they are also victimized by NL and other producers that employ unscrupulous practises and ethics in developing their wares. It is natural for the consumer to be skeptical of all producers's credibility when one company burns them. This is especially true when one company repeatedly abuses the consumer. The bad apple can take down a barrel.

Man do I have the blahs tonight.

Other3DMaster
12-03-2005, 12:40 AM
Yeah, it is complete b.s. Cebas was totally upfront about things. And they have been upfront about Mac delays. Not NL. They just don't care. I don't care how busy they claim to be, a simple post on the Maxwell forum for Mac users should have been made... I mean, how hard is that? My guess is that Cebas is going to get FR2 for OS X in my hands before I see an RC from Maxwell.

SRCobb
12-03-2005, 12:43 AM
yeah, where is the promised download link? Did anyone get it today?

Huh???

Other3DMaster
12-03-2005, 12:44 AM
yeah, where is the promised download link? Did anyone get it today?

Huh???

came in the email saying no os x version... anyway, it's the same link as the beta.

nycL45
12-03-2005, 12:45 AM
Yes, the windows version is going like mad. Peeps are playing with it already.

vesalus
12-03-2005, 12:47 AM
if someone is able to render anything with the rc let me know, it used to be crystal clear to use maxwell so far (just add tags here and there and hit render) but now we've got something else... or maybe i'm to tired tonight, but wtf, installation was odd and i cant even navigate inside the space ( maxwellstudio) and see anything nor doing anything with it, damn, i 'm becoming more and more disapointed, lets wait and see tomorrow...

xeno3d
12-03-2005, 02:04 AM
Yes, the windows version is going like mad. Peeps are playing with it already.

Won't be happening anytime soon if you use C4D.. no plugin support atm. And the rest is so buggy its not worth it. 100 steps backwards imo

Continuumx
12-03-2005, 08:29 AM
Just using Mike's test scene to see how this thing handles..impressive...

This is just a viewport preview (it was at this level in like seconds)---NOT ACTUAL RENDER!

http://img377.imageshack.us/img377/1750/mwrc1previewmvmtm0zf.jpg

This is the render (2 mins) - a bit small but hey it worked!

http://img377.imageshack.us/img377/3159/mwrc1rendermvmtm1ij.jpg

lllab
12-03-2005, 12:30 PM
my RC1 keeps crashing when i try to render anything- also no preview:-(

how did you do this continuumx?

chhers
stefan

dann_stubbs
12-03-2005, 12:59 PM
i decided to write my own renderer.

it will be fully compatible with maxwell, FR2, PRM, C4D, LW, MR and LW

it will open and render all scenes from any program with identical results cross platform and with bucket, pail, shovel and teaspoon render options - and be super fast.

pre-purchases are available now for only $10,000 per license but you can use that on as many processors as you want.

please send me the money now.

after the money is sent you are allowed to use the render code in it's current alpha state and you will constantly be given the newest versions as features are added.

ok, is your money sent?

great, thank you for your purchase.

the renderer is below for you use. (copy and paste the code until i can compile a real app with it)

10 PRINT "SUCKER"
20 GOTO 10

as it evolves you will get the new features - keep that in mind.

thank you for your purchase. ; )

dann

projectk
12-03-2005, 01:06 PM
10 grand well spent. :p Hope it works out for you folks.

Srek
12-03-2005, 01:08 PM
the renderer is below for you use. (copy and paste the code until i can compile a real app with it)

Will you offer a Sinclair ZX 81 version of this too? :)

Cheers
Björn

dann_stubbs
12-03-2005, 01:09 PM
10 grand well spent. :p Hope it works out for you folks.

thank you for your purchase.

i figure since they got some of my money i can afford to joke about it a bit. although i did consider having my charge card cancel the transaction late last night...

dann

dann_stubbs
12-03-2005, 01:10 PM
Will you offer a Sinclair ZX 81 version of this too? :)

but of course - that will be a fully cluster compatible port. i've got a very early alpha working on an automatic breadmaker internal CPU - so far it really "cooks" : )

dann

ThirdEye
12-03-2005, 01:32 PM
i have an old ZX Spectrum, is it ok anyway? Just 48k RAM

JamesMK
12-03-2005, 01:43 PM
Otherwise I recommend the Javascript raytracer -> http://www.slimeland.com/raytrace/

It supports a few primitives, function-defined procedurals and even arealights!
And it's free too!

AdamT
12-03-2005, 09:44 PM
i decided to write my own renderer.

it will be fully compatible with maxwell, FR2, PRM, C4D, LW, MR and LW

it will open and render all scenes from any program with identical results cross platform and with bucket, pail, shovel and teaspoon render options - and be super fast.

pre-purchases are available now for only $10,000 per license but you can use that on as many processors as you want.

after the money is sent you are allowed to use the render code in it's current alpha state and you will constantly be given the newest versions as features are added.

ok, is your money sent?

great, thank you for your purchase.

10 PRINT "SUCKER"
20 GOTO 10

as it evolves you will get the new features - keep that in mind.

thank you for your purchase. ; )

dann

Awesome! Do you take PayPal? :)

flingster
12-03-2005, 09:53 PM
particularly looking forward to dann's implementation of Shovel rendering...
i was curious as to whether you've considered adding
S:hader
H:eirarchy
I:mpressive
T:echnology
interface...this way i could use it with my RC and start S**T shovelling some hot S**T renders outta this thing....

couldn't help myself...mods are free to edit at will...

BeccoUK
12-04-2005, 12:46 AM
nycL45 (http://forums.cgsociety.org/member.php?u=139299): I tend to agree with the impact this sort of RC sham has on other developers. I for one will never preorder into an Alpha stage product again. The initial saving, in financial terms is negated by tying up money that could be better used elsewhere.

The worst part of the sham is that Next Limit chose to publish Pre Release comparison images from different software. It's as though they had several versions running to render very specific images of one RC highlight.

No amount of posted shiny blue balls pic's can justify those sort of actions. By the way - The shiny blue ball renders fully faceted with a full render.

Next Limit themselves are killing Maxwell with seemingly illegal practices. A shame really because the potential was once there for all to see. Even the beta was out-peforming established render engines in terms of quality.

For Cinema users the danger signs have been there since the plugin was last updated in July. No attention has been given to it since and without a useable C4D plugin it don't matter how good the Render Engine will become.

The Day Of RC turned into The Day Of Sham.

MJV
12-04-2005, 05:13 AM
nycL45 (http://forums.cgsociety.org/member.php?u=139299): I tend to agree with the impact this sort of RC sham has on other developers. I for one will never preorder into an Alpha stage product again. The initial saving, in financial terms is negated by tying up money that could be better used elsewhere.

Though I'm sorry to see it come to this, I must admit to being one of those feeling just a little smug at not having been foolish enough to fall for it in the first place. It's not like this is the first time something like this has happened, and I'm sure it won't be the last. As long as people are willing to pay in advance for promise software I'm sure there will be companies willing to make it. Hopefully NL will can that yahoo in their forum as well as whoever assigned the label RC to this release and start showing their customer base some honesty and humility.

CGTalk Moderation
12-04-2005, 05:13 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.