PDA

View Full Version : Reality Human Musculoskeletal Anatomy V 2.1 offical "FREE" upgrade

CDS
11-25-2005, 08:55 PM
The latest official update in the Reality Series. In appreciation to all who have purchased this model set, the update will be FREE as will any upgrade for purchases on or before December 25th.

After December 25th there will be a slight increase to the LE price($49.95 U.S.).

For more information on the LE edition of the Reality Model set please view this thread.
http://forums.cgsociety.org/showthread.php?t=282823

V2.1 will be available mid December for Max, Maya, XSI, Lightwave and Blender.

The new V2.1 will include a complete skin for the Reality Musculoskeletal Anatomy Model Set. (available in both LE and Commercial). The skin will be approximately 75% photo real(mapped and textured....photo real aspect can only estimated within 3d studio Max as other 3D applications and render engines may vary) and will match a person with roughly 12% bodyfat.
http://www.cdmedia-studio.com/Reality_v2_1.jpg

There is also a contest on right now at CG Underground where you could win the commercial version of the Reality V2.1
Link to contest: http://www.cgunderground.com/contests/cm_index.php

Thank you to all who have purchased the model set to date. I look forward to giving each and every one of you the V2.1 version for free.

lowkey
11-25-2005, 09:46 PM
Joy, joy, joy! I'm in for the MAYA version. You rule!! :thumbsup:

bjergtrold
11-28-2005, 01:17 PM
Good news, will you update the C4D version too?

DanSilverman
11-28-2005, 01:40 PM
And for those of us that have a license, how will we get our update?

CDS
11-28-2005, 02:11 PM
bjergtrold.....Yes all versions will be eligable for the update.

Hi Dan, a few days before the update ships I will take a couple of days to contact all of the current purchasers via email to see if they want the update(not sure why they wouldnt)....the update will be encrypted with the serial number you are currently registerd with.

lowkey....thanks, you should have your soon.

Again thanks to all who have purchased to date.

lowkey
11-30-2005, 05:15 PM
Hi all,

I just got my copy of this beautiful model-set for MAYA, but I'm a little bit disappointed somehow. I'm not sure if I use it correctly, but is it right, that the model-set only consists of one .obj-file with associated textures?

I mean, how are we supposed to work with this? All I see in my viewport are dense meshes, which I can only hide one by one to delve deeper into the anatomy. I expected everything to be organized on layers, a hierarchical structure or folders at least, so that one could easily navigate and observe every aspect individually. It's not even possible to search and filter any anatomical object by it's medical name (as noted in the manual).

No harm intended, but as is this model-set is pretty useless. Can someone please share an insight of a reasonable workflow?

EDIT:

OK, I should have read the manual before ranting. It's all grouped by textures! Stupid me, sorry for the confusion. :blush:

CDS
11-30-2005, 07:55 PM
No Problem Lowkey, It really is a complex model set with well over 2000 independent modeled structures and 4000 textured elements(after all it is a medical based model set designed to instruct medical professionals).

I truly wish All of the group hierarchies could have remained intact but conversion to any other format just did not facilitate that kind of a detailed export. Many different methods were tried in the goal of maintaining the group organization and serial encryption but all failed.....and there was no way CD Media Studio would have been able to offer this LE version without the encrypted serial numbers.

The Max format is the one that maintains "all" of the group hierarchies.

lowkey
11-30-2005, 08:03 PM
Well, it's absolutely OK (especially for the low price). :thumbsup:

I was just hoping for a little more convenience, but finally there is also the option of creating a custom shelf with selection commands.
Anyway, it's a great product and the service has been great as well. Cheers!! :beer:

CDS
12-01-2005, 02:04 AM
Thanks lowkey.....Wait till you you see V2.1. I really think it is going to surpise lots of people in the amount of detail and textures that I will be putting into that update.

Thanks again for the purchase, and your support!

CGTalk Moderation
12-01-2005, 02:04 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.