PDA

View Full Version : [img] real tangy

jThorngren
12-22-2001, 05:13 AM
thought I could post this lil thing I recently finished up, its already gone it way to the happy printing grounds feel free to give some suggestions..

All textures painted by hand and mixed with some worley bumpmaps. Rendered in Brazil R/S into a 3500px [printed as a 21"x35" poster] wide image and has therefore been extremely supersampled to get down to this size, because of that some of the more subtle detail like the fabric thread aint that visible but it is in the 'real' .

The image itself was never intended to be photorealistic but more of a glamorous idealistic portrait shot with a more painterly feel.

http://www.trinisica.com/img/gallery/in-progress/satsuma_post_06.jpg

I should probably mention as well that a one area in this image do not really exist as 3d, and thats the torn edges thats painted suchs in photoshop -- didnt wanna pull the polycount to high just to make it 3d if ya get my drift ;)

Taoizm
12-22-2001, 05:21 AM
Umm...DAMN...that's nice. Can you link to a fullsize version so that we can get the detail. I hate to ask what your render time was. :D

jThorngren
12-22-2001, 05:25 AM
Um no.. :P I will post a larger version on my website after xmas (the poster is a xmas present for the girlfriend who loves satsumas) but I won't post the 1:1 version.

Rendertime was a couple of hours I think..

Taoizm
12-22-2001, 05:27 AM
gotcha, I recend the 1:1 request. ;) I just wanted to see the detail stuff. Maybe even close ups of just certain areas. Couple of hours for rendering isn't too bad. :D

Veneficuz
12-22-2001, 07:59 AM
Incredible!

Would love to see some shots with more detail like Taoizm suggested

goodlag
12-22-2001, 09:36 AM
wow ..

really nice texture mapping

good work

Kadde
12-22-2001, 02:25 PM
really excellent !

i liked the contrast between the orange colour and the floor.
artistic.

takkun
12-22-2001, 02:47 PM
That is really good! Wow, I could just see that, larger than life, hanging in a mueseum somewhere. You should submit that to raph.com if you haven't already.

kdub
12-22-2001, 11:30 PM
Somebody gunna get some...

el gatto
12-23-2001, 12:39 AM
Somebody gunna get some...

heh heh heh ! ;) you lucky $%#$% !

chrom
12-23-2001, 04:33 AM
very nice image
like the materials, looks real

but the cloth hmmmm....., put a texture on it, but this is my opinion

anyway perfect pix

cheers
.chrom

jThorngren
12-23-2001, 04:05 PM
thanks for the nice comments guys ;)

chrom; if you pull the image into photoshop and apply a few sharpen filters you should be able to get a feel for how the fabric of the cloth looks like. As I said before it sort of dissappeared when I supersampled it so extremely down to this size. Appriciate the idea though ;)

wolf
12-24-2001, 01:45 PM
Really nice.
Nice with the small water drops. They make it look more natural.

jThorngren
12-27-2001, 03:51 AM
Thanks Wolf.

Just wanted to let ya guys know I just put the gallery page online, so if you want more info and screens or ev. buy this poster (soon) just head on over ;)

http://www.trinisica.com/sub_view_imgpage.asp?loc=3&img=satsumas

Thanks again ;)

CGTalk Moderation
01-13-2006, 12:26 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.