PDA

View Full Version : Controlling Materials with XPRESSO

Andini
11-25-2005, 06:48 PM
Hiya. I'm really new to Cinema's XPRESSO expressions, but I'm trying to create a slider that changes an objects material. I want to do lip-syncing with South Park-ish characters. I have about 10 mouth shapes at the moment saved as different picture files. Is there a way for me to have an integer slider on a null object that changes the mouth material on the character's face?

I was also thinking about having all materials transparent except for one. Then I'd have a slider to control the transparencies of the different materials instead of changin the material completely.

Thanks!

Per-Anders
11-25-2005, 07:28 PM
yes you can do this. what you'd want to use is a condition node with the different materials for the mouth, and then link that to teh texture tag, and plug your integer into it to control which mouth shape is used.

for the transparency that's even easier, just plug a userdata real slider into your materials transparency value with xpresso (or if you're feeling lazy use a set driver/driver).

CGTalk Moderation
11-25-2005, 07:28 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.