PDA

View Full Version : Pipeline: Modo - Messiah: Studio

Lex1342
11-25-2005, 05:43 PM
Hi,

I have been using LightWave as my only 3D-app; still mainly for modelling, because somehow I feel uncomfortable with the animation part. Until about half a year ago when I bought Messiah: Animate. I like Messiahs look´n´feel and the way it approaches animation; very intuitive, especially for character work, which I like most.

Now I upgraded to M: Studio Workstation, with the idea in mind to use LW just for modelling and Messiah for animating and rendering. Or even sell my LW license and buy modo instead for modelling.

So now my questions:

How does the Messiah-renderer compare to one in LW, since I can´t imagine switching back and forth between aps? Is it as intuitive as its animation tools? What are the drawbacks?
Has anyone experience in using Modo to model and complementing it just with Messiah for all the rest? With Modos animation tools expected to surface next year or so, it could be wise to start learning Modo beforehand and then upgrade to its animation-set when ready.

Thank you for any information.

LX

crossbones
11-26-2005, 09:23 PM
there is a big problem, The modo surfaces names don't translate into Messiah a all. Lets say you have a wing and a fuelslodge with two different displacement maps on them, they need to have two different surface names (being two different objects). Afer building my model in Modo I had to go to Lighwave, rename the surfaces and then pitch them to my TD for rigging, surfacing etc.

THe modeling in modo, for a sub-d modeler is untouchable. I used to go back and forth(Lw-Modo), but its plain and simple....nothing works better then modo.

stooch
11-26-2005, 09:31 PM
HMM, that sounds pretty bad, I have plans for modo in my pipeline...

CGTalk Moderation
11-26-2005, 09:31 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.