PDA

View Full Version : FXWARS: "Close Encounters" - Team rakmaya

rakmaya
11-25-2005, 01:26 PM
Hi everyone,

This will be my first entry. We are going to be doing the 1st kind. It will have slight attributes of other kinds byt 90% would be of the 1st. As ameture as I am in compositing, I thought this would be a nice way to force myself to find time and learn things.

I will be doing the compositing and virtualmic will be doing the modeling. We started late so I have something that is very simple to get things finished in time (hopefully).

[Edit: My partner has to quit for some reasons and I am looking for someone who can help with 3D modeling the Space craft.]

Rakesh

rakmaya
11-26-2005, 04:15 PM
Hey guys,

Just got the precomp running. Got the overall beam-up effect in place. Placed it on the test render for water and here is what I got. My partner is working on the space ship. I moved from NY to Florida and not all of my stuffs are in yet. Hopefully, it will arrive at least a day before this thing is due, or I will be rendering for days in my old system.

http://img107.imageshack.us/img107/1024/testoutput5mb.jpg

rakmaya
11-27-2005, 04:58 PM
Finally got the story board done.

Story Outline:

Year 2000:
Both government and the ET beings (called Neorganic speceis) knows the existance of each other. US government has declared war against the N.Species. In order to better fight the Humans, they are conducting experiments on Humans to study their life sceince and to create weapons of mass destruction. Government officials as well aware of this as well. Hence the secret war contineous....

Scene:
You will be looking at a scene where the aliens are transporting some captured humans from their underwater secret base to outerspace.

->Ship comes in using a special clocked effect at night
->Positions itself over the base.
->Creates a portal into the outerspace
->Human bodies (live) are warped into the space
->Portal closes

It looks like I might be able to put a nice twist on to the story at the end if I get enough time.

I am looking for someone who can help me with 3D modeling of the space ship!

Rakesh

RobertoOrtiz
11-27-2005, 10:25 PM
What program are you using?

-R

rakmaya
11-28-2005, 01:22 AM
The water in the scene is an old rendering I made long time ago (I think 3 years ago). I will be doing a new one for this. I am using shake for comp.

RobertoOrtiz
11-30-2005, 11:47 PM
So what program are you planning to use for the UFO render?

-R

rakmaya
12-01-2005, 01:57 AM
Depends on the person who is modeling it. If it is me, all modeling will be done Maya and rendering in MentalRay, as that is the only program I have. If someone else is modeling, all I need is the final rendered image sequence to composite. In that case, I will pass the script onto the person who is doing the modeling.

I am going to have a major updated shot on this Saturday. Things are really cooking here. I was using my old laptop until last week. My pc arrived from NY and it has been going exceptionally fast for the last two days.

rakmaya
12-03-2005, 08:45 PM
Here some snap shot of the dissolving scene. Crts. will help great.

Towards the beginning of the dissolving sequence
http://img210.imageshack.us/img210/9453/testf15fl.jpg

Towards the end of the dissolving sequence
http://img529.imageshack.us/img529/3025/testf27hh.jpg

Next, I am moving into working on water for the scene.:bounce: Due to the render time on my system, I don't yet have the time to put the machine to render the full sequence. But once I am done with the water, I am making a movie out. Still looking for help with UFO.:D I think I will make it in time though.

jigu
12-04-2005, 02:52 AM
hey as compition rules speak u have to use atleast one real footage(image or movie ) in ur animation. do u have planned about it?

can u post the animation of last images u posted?

Keep it up ...

best of luck.

rakmaya
12-04-2005, 01:00 PM
hey as compition rules speak u have to use atleast one real footage(image or movie ) in ur animation. do u have planned about it?

can u post the animation of last images u posted?

Keep it up ...

best of luck.

Yes ofcourse. I have the footage, which will come into play later. First is off to things that will take some render time. The reason I did those first is because if I needed to tweak them, I still have time at the end.

As for the animation, I will post them as soon as I get the water effects done. This way I can get an overall picture without wasting the overall render time. I am a little pressed on time due to the work and all. It will defenitly be by the end of this week.

RobertoOrtiz
12-17-2005, 06:45 AM
FYI

Fxwars Close Encounters: New Dateline! (http://forums.cgsociety.org/showthread.php?t=302921)

-R

CGTalk Moderation
12-17-2005, 06:45 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.