PDA

View Full Version : Digital photography section!

yinako
11-25-2005, 08:24 AM
Yes I like to think digital photography is very much related to CG, and should have its own disgussion section.

jud
12-02-2005, 08:34 PM
I think its a good idea for those who use photos for textures and matte painting, but there is alot of photography forums out there that can help you with such stuff, but on the other hand those forums are not really CG related, so maybe a photography forum would be a usefull tool for those involved or starting out in matte painting and texture creation.

Cheers
12-03-2005, 07:49 PM
I second this suggestion (or is that, "I third it"?). There are many areas where photography has a role within CG, everything from the right outfit for texture grabbing through to having a good basic grasp of the principles of photography that can only help improve a persons final rendering or painting.
Getting photorealistic renders don't just mean relying on hitting the radiosity option ;)

Cheers

jonathanpatt
03-06-2006, 07:43 PM
I'd like to see a digital photography forum and gallery as well. I know, there are a lot of photography sites, but CGTalk is well-established and... well... it's a nice site and I think it would be even nicer if it had this. I love 3D and 2D painting, but I'm really not good at either of them and I'd like to be able to show some of my photography as well.

CGTalk Moderation
03-06-2006, 07:43 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.