PDA

View Full Version : The Movies Game

rosner
11-24-2005, 06:10 PM
Have you checked out this new animation tool? Although it is quite limited in what you can do , it does have future potential...and I hope new companies develop their own versions...get ready for the next wave of really bad movies...

http://movies.lionhead.com/studio/eboy

tufif
12-23-2005, 02:37 PM
I got that for somebody for christmas. I'm curious to see what he comes up with in it.

RabidDonkey
12-23-2005, 05:09 PM
I got it and did'nt like it. It's much too limited for me. You can make each scene but you just pick a pre-done animation each time. If there isn't one you wanted you just gotta pick one close to it. Very frustrating and annoying.

tufif
12-23-2005, 11:34 PM
Well, I got it for somebody who doesn't know the first thing about animation or cg, but is always coming up with ideas for movies. How do you think he'll like it?

ReBootedOne
12-23-2005, 11:42 PM
My little sister is playing on the computer right next to me.
It's... ...alright... but a bit limited for my tastes. She loves it for the micromanaging, (she's a bit of a control freak. :p )

-eric

tibes
12-23-2005, 11:45 PM
Anyone remember Stunt Island, that came out in the early 90s? Now that was cool... a whole island to film any action sequence you could think of, and you get to fly the plane, drive the car etc, and then cut it all together.

I wish someone would make an updated version of that.

JMcWilliams
12-24-2005, 12:08 AM
HAlthough it is quite limited in what you can do , it does have future potential...and I hope new companies develop their own versions...get ready for the next wave of really bad movies...

http://movies.lionhead.com/studio/eboy

It's meant to be a game, not an animation tool, it's there to be fun so it won't compete with pro toolsets and it is not trying to. :D
Lots of bad movies will be made? sure, but I don't think we'll be seeing cinema releases from 'the movies' gamers. Just like we don't see paint by numbers booklet art hanging in galleries. :arteest:

CGTalk Moderation
12-24-2005, 12:08 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.