PDA

View Full Version : Animation Test

3dflasher
02-27-2002, 01:44 PM
This is a test animation I did in an hour to see how the enveloping came out. She isnt really threatning in the short, but the movement just came to my head for some reason :)

Animation Test-5MB (http://alden3d.com/test.avi)

Maybe Ill get some replies before my thread goes to the 3rd page in like 5 min. People post here like its going out of style. I guess it's good but alot of people arent getting feedback.

captain GUNDAM
02-27-2002, 06:34 PM
its very cool, i like the elevator shaft and she fits the hardcore killer chick description as far as modeling and design goes...however it looks too much like game graphics ( 3d wolfenstein has ingame graph like this ) to be a short animated piece. perhaps you should up the res of your lady murderer and also work on the textures ALOT more. add more facial expression, her face struck me for dead. and work on secondary movements of her body, she's a bit stiff.

cool, well good luck for the rest of your short, looking foward to seeing it :D

3dflasher
02-28-2002, 02:17 AM
Thank for the reply....man I post alot on other peoples threads and I dont get any replies on mine. Looks like Im just gonna stop posting or replying. Ill just become a looky loo.

I appreciate the comments. Im gonna have to disaggree on the res of the model. I hope you were refering to Return to Castle Wolfenstein, cause Wolfenstein 3d is an old 8 bit game. The characters in Return to Castle Wolfenstein are maybe 2000 polys. She is well over that. Atleast you replied though. I really appreciate that.

http://alden3d.com/screenshot_04.jpg
http://alden3d.com/fullbody.jpg

I place a curse on all that click on this thread and dont leave a reply....BoOgGy, BoOgGy, BoOgGy :p

Gilgamesh
02-28-2002, 02:27 AM
well it is frustrating not getting replies, especially since you have such nice work. (I just don't want to be cursed)
The character looks good. As for the textures, does her suit have a specularity map? It might help if the black parts are shinier than the blue parts, or vice-versa.
And for the animation, try to move your arm really fast, and pay attention to how your entire body actually moves against it. That's all I have to say about that.

Good work. I'll have to remember to threaten people with curses when I want replies to my own work.

taylor
02-28-2002, 02:28 AM
nice start! i wound give her some more follow through on her hand movements. maybe ad some fascial movement. that might make her seem more threatining. just a thought. i like the elevator setting!

Flynn
02-28-2002, 02:41 AM
yeah I dont get replies either...guess my stuff sucks lol

but your stuff however is really good so I'm not sure why you got no replies (maybe a lot of people on dial up didnt wait for your movie to dl) ....anyway I think you have a great style and would love to see a movie based on that character...

I think the texures are fine....but you may want to mess with lighting...try and add more mood.

great work

taylor
02-28-2002, 02:43 AM
hey i don't either! is it because we do animation? weird. this board is usualy model based. not to many animtors post here that i know of. hmmm....

3dflasher
02-28-2002, 02:43 AM
Woohoo...The curse worked. Thanks alot guys.

Gilgamesh- good call on the spec map. I haven't made one for her yet. I agree It would look alot better with one.

Flynn- I agree with you on the mood of the lighting. I been trying hard to get it right but I just cant get it. I'm gonna give it another try now that you said something. Thanks :)

Taylor- thank you for the advice on the animation. your animation advice is always welcome with me :)

Flynn
02-28-2002, 02:55 AM
well I would suggest popping in final fantasy the spirits within (I know you have this movie) and try and get a feel for how they light their scenes..I think they way they light their scenes would be perfect for your style. go for that high contrast and somewhat dark lighting.

post a render I would love to check it out as you go.

Tanketh
02-28-2002, 06:45 AM
i like it. i like it a lot. and as others have said, nice setting.

i've only posted 1 thread and have had some replies, so i guess i cant complain yet :)

CGTalk Moderation
01-13-2006, 02:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.