PDA

View Full Version : Renderman(for MAYA) newbie's question...

Aeroplane
11-21-2002, 05:45 AM
I am a newbie of renderman.. :p
The background of the picture I rendered
is black. But the background color do not match the model that i rendered..How can I change the background color? Like white, gray and something else.. Howto? :shrug: :shrug::wip:

Mauritius
11-22-2002, 01:42 AM
I assume you talk of PhotoRealistic RenderMan + MTOR as there's no renderer called 'RenderMan'. This is the name of an API.

Ensure that the image contains an alpha (select "rgba" in the display options) and use a compositing app (e.g. Photoshop) to put a solid color behind your objects.

The other option is to use one of the only two built-in imager shaders, PRMan knows.
Create a RIBBox appearance in SLIM and name it "frame" (without the quotes). Edit the 'Box of RIB' and enter

Imager "background" "color background" [1 0 0]

Or enable the backplane option that puts a bilinear patch at the far clipping plane. You can assign a constant shader to this patch again by using a RIBBox apperance named "backplane" (again without the quotes).
Again, edit the 'Box of RIB' and enter

Color 1 0 0
Surface "constant"

Note that both latter approaches will set your alpha channel to 1 (full opaque)! The color [1 0 0 ] means pure read, this is an RGB triple, replace with your favorite one. ;)

.mm

CGTalk Moderation
01-13-2006, 06:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.