PDA

View Full Version : render grief

revilo3D
11-24-2005, 05:22 AM
MAYA - version after version same thing! - its interface is really starting to become a chore and Alias just dont seem to really do anything about it.

Ive just ruined 3 of my render passes becuase of this. Anybody trying changing the multi pixel filtering in 7?, or wondered how you managaed to diable RGB channels when you didnt even tick it off (the check box actually runs right over the width of the render global windows).

the hypershades magical buttons which more offen than not are not where the garphic icon actually is...

anyway enough of that venting.. i came here to ask about why on earth does mental ray render iffs that are completely unviewable or useable in apps like combustion or AE, and only Fcheck opens.. Ive just rendered 13 shots, about 3000 files, mostly to IFF .. now i cant use them! i have to convert everyone of them. ARGH...!!!

Having a bad hair day too! Probably shouldnt rip so much of it out!

HowardB
11-24-2005, 07:48 AM
Mental ray can render to lots of different formats you just need to tell it to. Itís your fault you didnít tell it to render to your desired format. Just convert the iffíís to another format with fcheck and stop complaining.

CGTalk Moderation
11-24-2005, 07:48 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.